High Point Academy
Tel: (626) 798-8989
- High Point`s mission is to awaken the joy of learning by inspiring students to their fullest potential in a collaborative, stimulating community of caring and academic excellence. Dedicated, talented faculty provide a strong K-8 curriculum enriched by world languages, music, art, library, technology, and daily physical education. Experience why High Point instills self-confidence, good character, and an exceptional foundation for success. For more information, attend an Open House or sign-up for a tour. Basic stats on your school, to include:
- Year of Founding - 1965 Grades served K-8T otal enrollment - 350 Religious affiliation - None
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||347 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 24|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition listed is for K-6; Tuition for 7-8 is $18,950. Please see website for information regarding tuition. http://www.highpointacademy.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=281239&type=d&pREC_ID=639367|
|Admissions Director||Kristin Haines|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Instrumental Music
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- What makes High Point unique? Our mission is dedicated to awakening the joy of learning and inspiring every student to reach his/her fullest potential in a collaborative and stimulating community of caring and academic excellence.
- Our devoted and talented faculty provides a strong, challenging, and enriched K-8 curriculum that, in addition to the core academics, includes Spanish or French, vocal and instrumental music, art, library, the latest in technology and innovation, and daily physical education. This grounding of critical thinking and social and emotional skills paves the way for our students entering high school with the best possible foundation.
- Last year, our graduates gained entrance into local independent high schools and earned over $700,000 in merit scholarships.Please come and visit during our Open House or tours this fall to see our diverse and close-knit community and be sure to visit our website to learn more about our academic programs.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed High Point Academy also viewed these schools: Chandler School, Polytechnic School, Mayfield Junior School, Lycee International de Los Angeles (LILA) - PASADENA CAMPUS and San Marino Montessori School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: K-12 | 858 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 396-6300 3.4 K-12
- Pasadena Grades: K-8 | 516 students
405 S Euclid Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101
(626) 796-2774 3.8 K-8
- Pasadena Grades: NS-5 | 147 students
30 N. Marion Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 695-5159 2.4 NS-5
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.