Tel: (626) 792-6166 Ext. 105
Walden School Photo #4 - Walden teacher spend time with students on a one-to-one basis as well as in a group setting.
Walden is a progressive independent elementary school serving 190 students Pre-Kindergarten through 6th grades.
CAIS, WASC accredited. Memberships: National Association of Independent Schools, The Independent School Alliance for Minority Affairs and The Southern California People of Color in Independent Schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 24 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is for 2019-2020 school year. $500 new student fee.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Billy Christian|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
and Dance, Fulltime Co-Curricular Specialty Teachers in Art, Library, Music, Science & Technology, Spanish, Storytelling
- Our Mission
- At Walden School, we nurture a child's natural wonder and personal dignity. We provide a personalized, developmentally appropriate program that encourages responsibility, initiative, child-led inquiry, ethical behavior, and excellence. We promote positive conflict-resolution skills, understanding and creativity in problem-solving. Children learn academic skills and concepts through experience and Socratic discussion, as well as through direct instruction and practice. We teach children to value and respect diversity. We strive, therefore, to lay the foundation for wisdom, to encourage the spirit of Renaissance learning, and to teach that we all have stewardship for the world in which we live.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: K-12 | 858 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 396-6300 2.1 K-12
- Pasadena Grades: K-8 | 347 students
1720 Kinneloa Canyon Rd
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 798-8989 2.1 K-8
- Pasadena Grades: PK-12 | 359 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626) 792-5940 3.3 PK-12
- Pasadena Grades: PK-6 | 41 students
1609 Navarro Ave
Pasadena, CA 91103
(626) 798-7431 4 PK-6
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.