Mayfield Junior School
Tel: (626) 796-2774
Mayfield Junior School, a Catholic independent school founded in 1931 implements the Holy Child philosophy of teaching to the Whole Child.
Students are engaged and inspired and participate in the life of the school through academics, athletics, service learning and the arts.
Mayfield is committed to the educational and religious development of each child, and to maintaining a foundation built on instilling character and a sense of community and family spirit.
Through project-based and deeper learning, students learn the value of critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication.
Creative programs and performances stimulate inquisitive minds and develop lifelong learning skills.
The fundamental belief that childhood, going to school and growing up should be a joyful experience is central to a Mayfield education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||516 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,403|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lauren Marlis|
|Admissions Associate||Chanel Mucci|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Equestrian, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
All students participate in performances each year., Chess, Choir, Instrumental, Makers Lab
- Mayfield Junior School, an independent Catholic school founded and sponsored by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, implements the philosophy of the Holy Child Schools. We are committed not only to the religious and educational development of each child but also to maintaining a sense of community and family spirit. The school seeks to provide a challenging academic and religious education for children. The educational experience fostered by a loving faith community of students, faculty, and parents emphasizes responsible freedom and the development of self-potential. Mayfield Junior School is committed to Cornelia Connelly's belief in the giftedness of the individual. Creative programs stimulate inquisitive minds and develop lifelong learning skills. In the belief that aesthetic as well as athletic experiences are essential in maturing well-rounded individuals, students are offered an enriching gamut of physical, dramatic, artistic, and cultural activities.
People that viewed Mayfield Junior School also viewed these schools: Chandler School, Polytechnic School, High Point Academy, Lycee International de Los Angeles (LILA) - PASADENA CAMPUS and Walden School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: K-12 | 858 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 396-6300 0.8 K-12
- Pasadena Grades: K-8 | 347 students
1720 Kinneloa Canyon Rd
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 798-8989 3.8 K-8
- Pasadena Grades: NS-5 | 147 students
30 N. Marion Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 695-5159 1.5 NS-5
- Pasadena Grades: PK-6 | 192 students
74 S San Gabriel Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 792-6166 2.8 PK-6
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.