- Barnhart School's mission is to provide an unexcelled quality education in an atmosphere of respect and love, encouraging independence and responsibility.
- The school's educational programs include academic, spiritual, creative, and physical opportunities in an environment that embraces ethnic, religious, and cultural diversity.
- The attitudes and skills cultivated at Barnhart School foster a lifelong enthusiasm for learning and high moral and ethical standards.
- Barnhart School prepares its graduates to be responsible, committed, and caring individuals, ready and eager to attain higher levels of academic success, and with the desire and ability to make appropriate choices for their lives and positive contributions to society.
- Barnhart School's philosophy is to assist each child in reaching his or her highest potential; assist each child in recognizing him or herself as a valuable component of the universe as a whole, with the ability to express his or her individual goodness in the larger world; assist each child in developing true self-discipline; social skills necessary for successful everyday living; and ensure that each child experiences some success every day.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,294|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Keanuenue Yim-Herrera|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Band, Chorus, Drama, Mad Science, Mathnasium, Robotics, Student Council, Yearbook Art Club, Band, Chorus, Drama, Mad Science, Mathnasium, Robotics, Yearbook, Student Council,
People that viewed Barnhart School also viewed these schools: Holy Angels School, The Buckley School, San Marino Montessori School, Immaculate Conception Annunciation Catholic School and Clairbourn School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ArcadiaGrades: PK-8 | 300 students
360 Campus Dr
Arcadia, CA 91007
Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
PasadenaGrades: PK-8 | 264 students
444 S Sierra Madre Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
MonroviaGrades: KG-8 | 169 students
2701 Peck Rd
Monrovia, CA 91016
San GabrielGrades: NS-8 | 285 students
8400 Huntington Drive
San Gabriel, CA 91775
Barnhart is a great school with a wonderful and caring community. I love how integrated the learning is, and that critical thinking and creativity are incorporated very day. Writer's Workshop is amazing - as a first grader my son has already written and illustrated many amazing stories. Music, PE, art, and Spanish round out his education.
- Posted by Parent - amshe
I have a 2nd and 4th grader. I have watched my kids grow and thrive in this school. Barnhart kids have the privilege of truly being part of a small caring environment where everyone knows their names and cares about their well being and their academic growth.
- Posted by Parent - lizmz
Barnhart has been a wonderful school for both of our girls. The teachers are passionate about their subjects and prepare the children well for high school.
- Posted by Parent - beth