Pasadena Waldorf School
Art is not an elective, it's integrated into the core curriculum. Folded paper window stars support a geometry lesson.
Strong relationships between teachers, students and peers supports the whole child to naturally unfold to their highest potential.
Waldorf high school students learn from experts in their field, who are also highly trained Waldorf teachers.
- Pasadena Waldorf School is a community for those who think deeply about the world and their place in it.
- It is a conscious approach to parenting and education founded on the wisdom of Rudolf Steiner who opened the first Waldorf School in 1919.
- Steiner recognized that every child is gifted; he inspired teachers to know each student individually and to meet them authentically, with a rich, holistic and experiential curriculum that has been thoughtfully developed and intentionally structured with the healthy development of the child at the center.
- The results are confident, talented, grateful and conscientious individuals who know they are capable of achieving whatever they can imagine and they graduate with a great capacity for imagination!.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Organizational support for High School Students with IEP or 504 plan|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Natural materials encouraged and no logos or media-inspired clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $13,100 for part-time preschool to $25,380 for high school. Check our website for current rates.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Quintana|
|Admissions Associate||Melani Gold Friedman|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||choir, drama (integrated into curriculum at age appropriate grades), eurythmy, Girls Volleyball, knitting, line drawing, music ensembles, orchestra, painting, pentatonic flute, photography, sculpture, string instruments, weaving, wind intruments, wood working choir, eurythmy, knitting, line drawing, orchestra, painting, photography, sculpture, weaving, wood working, drama (integrated into curriculum at age appropriate grades),|
- Japanese and Spanish languages both taught from first through 8th grade
- Mandarin and Spanish are offered to 9th through 12th grade
- Stringed instruments (cello, violin, viola) are taught beginning in third grade and a wind instrument is added in fifth grade
- High school students can choose a music path: orchestra with strings or wind instruments, guitar or percussion ensembles.
- Instrumental and vocal music are taught from first through twelfth grade
- Painting, drawing, modeling are integrated into the curriculum
- Handwriting is taught in third grade
- Eurythmy/movement is taught from Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Outdoor games and physical education are offered in everygrade
- Competitive Sports; volleyball, track, flag football, soccer (2016) are offered from fifth grade through highschool as an extra curricular activity.
- Manual arts handwork (knitting, cross stitch, felting, weaving), woodwork and crafts are taught beginning in first grade with knitting and continued throughout the school years to twelfth grade
- Camping, class trips, day field trips and excursions are offered every year
- Class plays are performed beginning in first grade
- Festivals and seasonal performances are incorporated into the fabric of the school's social life. These occasions provide opportunity for reverence and joy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PasadenaGrades: KG-12 | 859 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
- CalabasasGrades: K-12 | 1198 students
23620 Mulholland Hwy
Calabasas, CA 91302
- PasadenaGrades: K-11 | 342 students
K-8: 535 S. Pasadena Ave/High School: 301 N. Orange Grove Boulevard
Pasadena, CA 91105
- PasadenaGrades: PK-12 | 326 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
- PasadenaGrades: K-8
1005 Armada Drive
Pasadena, CA 91103
December 12, 2017
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
December 12, 2017
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
December 04, 2017
If you are responsible for marketing your school, you probably have encountered the term SEO. If you are unfamiliar with SEO, this article will introduce you to the basic concepts.