Pasadena Waldorf School
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Organizational support for High School Students with IEP or 504 plan|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
( No logos or media-inspired clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 20 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $13,100 for part-time preschool to $25,380 for high school. Check our website for current rates.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Diane LaSalle|
|Admissions Associate||Leslie Stevens|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
choir, drama (integrated into curriculum at age appropriate grades), eurythmy, knitting, line drawing, music ensembles, orchestra, painting, pentatonic flute, photography, sculpture, string instruments, weaving, wind intruments, wood working
- Japanese and Spanish languages both taught from first through 8th grade
- Mandarin and Spanish are offered to 9th through 12th grade
- Stringed instruments (cello, violin, viola) are taught beginning in third grade and a wind instrument is added in fifth grade
- High school students can choose a music path: orchestra with strings or wind instruments, guitar or percussion ensembles.
- Instrumental and vocal music are taught from first through twelfth grade
- Painting, drawing, modeling are integrated into the curriculum
- Cursive writing is taught in third grade
- Eurythmy/movement is taught from Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Outdoor games and physical education are offered in everygrade
- Competitive Sports; volleyball, track, flag football, soccer are offered from fifth grade through high school .
- Manual arts handwork (knitting, cross stitch, felting, weaving, sewing), woodwork, leather work and crafts are taught beginning in first grade and continue through the grades
- Camping, class trips, day field trips and excursions occcur throughout the year
- Class plays are performed beginning in first grade
- Festivals and seasonal performances are incorporated into the fabric of the school's social life. These occasions provide opportunity for reverence and joy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: K-12 | 858 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 396-6300 4 K-12
- Pasadena Grades: PK-12 | 359 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626) 792-5940 3.7 PK-12
I am consistently impressed and touched by how much time the teachers take to prepare lessons for their specific group of kids. There is a huge amount of crafting that goes into making the learning here meaningful and relevant to the students. Every school day for my kids had real meaning, real challenge and I can see their growing sense of purpose. Sure, it's still school- with things they like and things they don't.... but in that context it is the best I can imagine for them.
- Posted by Parent - Ann
This place is great. The teachers care about the kids. Curriculum is appropriate for each grade and builds on prior years. Students are taught to communicate, be respectful and care about the world they live in. The facilities are top notch, lots of room for kids to play and be imaginative. The music and arts programs are the best. Science is taught through observation and experimentation, which is the way it should be. The administration cares about each child and really supports parents in their educational journey. I highly recommend PWS.
- Posted by Parent - Johnny
Great School, wonderful and engaged parent community. Caring and committed teachers, unusual but very effective and time tested curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 3 students at the school
All three of our children are going to or have gone to this exceptional school from kindergarten through high school. Our eldest is now in her second year in college in Chicago and she credits her Waldorf education on a regular basis on helping her navigate her new life in a strange city and a challenging institution with confidence.
- Posted by Parent - Jason