Mayfield Senior School
- Mayfield is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young women grades 9-12, sponsored by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus and guided by the educational philosophy of the Society's foundress, Cornelia Connelly.
- At Mayfield, you will experience a nurturing community where your gifts come alive.
- You will receive an excellent academic education and have the opportunity to participate in a classically oriented Conservatory for the Arts and outstanding athletic program.
- At Mayfield, we are also deeply committed to our students' emotional and spiritual development.
- Your Mayfield experience provides a foundation that will sustain you throughout your adulthood.
- Our graduates leave with memories that last a lifetime and a commitment to using their gifts in the service of others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||332 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: 9-12 | 565 students
169 South Saint John Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)817-4000 0.8 9-12
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 9-12 | 402 students
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(626)685-8333 3.6 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.