Maranatha High School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (626) 817-4000
Maranatha High School Photo #2 - Our complete Weight Room and Athletic Training Center is used year round by all our sports.
Maranatha High School Photo #3 - Located on the former Ambassador College campus, Maranatha's grounds are stunning, complete with koi ponds, fountains, and lush landscape.
Maranatha High School Photo #4 - Our swim and Dive teams enjoy our indoor Olympic sized swimming pool.
Maranatha High School Photo #5 - Football plays a role in our overall school spirit with Friday Night Lights!
Maranatha High School Photo #6 - Maranatha utilizes the renowned Ambassador Auditorium (home of the Pasadena Symphony) for chapels, school musicals, Baccalaureate, and much more!
Maranatha High School Photo #7 - Professional grade, padded artificial turf cuts down on athletic injuries and can be used by football, softball, and soccer, among other uses.
Maranatha High School Photo #8 - Students enjoy small class sizes with a student-teacher ration of 15:1 and an average class size of 22.
Maranatha High School Photo #9 - Our 9 acre campus is located just 3 blocks form Old Town Pasadena near freeway access and 3 blocks from a Gold Line Metro stop making getting to school convenient.
We are a Christ-centered, evangelical college preparatory high school that celebrates the whole student by equipping hearts and minds to reflect God`s glory through academics, as well as the arts, athletics, and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$990|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Tuition for a one semester course is $495 and $990 for a two semester course. Tuition for Enrichment classes is $250.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||565 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language, AP Macroeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: Drawing and 2-D Design, AP U.S. Government, AP United States History, AP World History, Seminar|
|Average SAT score||1232|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,800|
|Tuition Notes||Registration $750 Application $75|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nick Frankowski '99|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Ponton|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||57 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||PISF (Pasadena Independent Schools Foundation)|
Club or Organization:
Action for Autism, Ambassador Club, American Sign Language, Anime Club, Architecture Club, Art Club, Badminton Club, Be The Change Club, Board Games Club, California Scholastic Federation, Coding & Electronics Club, Comic Book Club, Creative Writing Club, English Club, Environmental Awareness Club, Feminist Club, Future Business Leaders of America Club, Future Hollywood Club, Girl Up Club, Helping Hands Club, Hispanic Honors Society, Honors Math Club, Hope for Humanity Club, International Trips, Jazz Club, Junior State of America, K-Pop Club, Life Group, Life Skills Club, Magic Club, Marvel Club, Mentor Program, Missions Program, MIT Launch Club, National Honor Society, News Club, Paintball Club, Philosophy Club, Science Club, Shepherd's Club, Speech and Debate, Sports Medicine Club, Student Chaplains, Student Council, Ultimate Frisbee Club, Video Game Club, World Cultures Club, Worship Team, YAF Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance, Drama, Drumline, Orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Maranatha High School is full of rich tradition including timeless core values. While anchored in our historic foundations, we embody a program that is alive with energy, situated on a stunning, collegiate campus, and looking to the future. Today`s students need to be fully prepared to adapt to the changing landscape of this global community. At Maranatha, we recognize this critical task to prepare our students in partnership with our parents. Maranatha offers a transformational education model with an exceptional educational program that truly transforms not only minds but also hearts, as it prepares students for living lives of purpose and distinction. We are committed to the highest educational standards, strategically designing curricular and co-curricular programs to engage the whole student, maximize their God-given potential, and enable them to be the change agents of this new generation. Woven into all our programs is the principle of Christian integration, enabling and engaging students to think critically and intentionally about the application of a Christian worldview, which seeks to honor Jesus Christ. Faith, scholarship, community, and service are Maranatha`s core values that inform our academic and programmatic agenda. Indeed, these values are catalysts to challenge our students to think critically, to communicate effectively, to collaborate respectfully, to love passionately, and to honor the Lord Jesus Christ. Our students will be well-prepared for this 21st century to truly make a difference. We invite you to discover the Maranatha Difference!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: K-12 | 858 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 396-6300 1.6 K-12
- Waterloo Grades: PK-12 | 861 students
3231 W 9th St
Waterloo, IA 50702
(319) 232-1422 1505.4 PK-12
- Schenectady Grades: PK-5 | 200 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
(518) 355-3080 2435.8 PK-5
Three of my children attended this school. Maranatha high school prepared my children for college. They had numerous AP courses, they have loving teachers and your child will get a firm foundation in their faith. What I like best is that they have so many extra curricular activities (sports, music, art, drama etc) for every possible interest that your child may want. This allowed my children to flourish in the areas of their own interest. I also appreciated that it is co-ed. This is important because you want to have a true reflection of what your child experience in college. And for me another great aspect was the parent association. Parents are very supportive and we were allowed to be involved. I made great friendships.
- Posted by Parent - Camelia Vera
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.