International Montessori Academy
- The International Montessori Preschool is found in a ranch-style home on a shady, half-acre lot situated amidst the five campuses of the Claremont Colleges.
- Unlike most traditional classrooms, in which teachers impose lessons upon a group of children organized by age, Montessori creates an environment in which the teacher plays the role of facilitator as each child satisfies his or her own inherent urge to learn and develop.
- Further, as Montessori does not segregate children by age, older children share their skills and knowledge with younger ones.
- This not only acts as an important motivator, as the younger ones emulate their more advanced peers.
- It also serves to develop crucial social skills as well.
- In short, Montessori teaches children how to learn. Through Montessori they discover that the will, ability and skills to learn are inside each of them rather than provided externally.
- And in so doing, it helps provide a foundation of self confidence and esteem that can serve them for the rest of their lives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arcadia Grades: PK-K | 22 students
1406 S Santa Anita Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)447-3513 7.4 PK-K
- Pasadena Grades: PK-K | 176 students
714 W California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)397-1372 0.8 PK-K
- Alhambra Grades: PK-6 | 201 students
2221 Poplar Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626)284-0840 3.7 PK-6
- Garden Grove Grades: NS-6 | 202 students
5856 Belgrave Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92645
(714)897-3833 25.9 NS-6
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.