International Montessori Academy
- The International Montessori Preschool is found in a ranch-style home on a shady, half-acre lot situated amidst the five campuses of the Claremont Colleges.
- Unlike most traditional classrooms, in which teachers impose lessons upon a group of children organized by age, Montessori creates an environment in which the teacher plays the role of facilitator as each child satisfies his or her own inherent urge to learn and develop.
- Further, as Montessori does not segregate children by age, older children share their skills and knowledge with younger ones.
- This not only acts as an important motivator, as the younger ones emulate their more advanced peers.
- It also serves to develop crucial social skills as well.
- In short, Montessori teaches children how to learn. Through Montessori they discover that the will, ability and skills to learn are inside each of them rather than provided externally.
- And in so doing, it helps provide a foundation of self confidence and esteem that can serve them for the rest of their lives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arcadia Grades: PK-K | 22 students
1406 S Santa Anita Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)447-3513 7.4 PK-K
- Pasadena Grades: PK-K | 176 students
714 W California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)397-1372 0.8 PK-K
- Alhambra Grades: PK-6 | 201 students
2221 Poplar Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626)284-0840 3.7 PK-6
- Garden Grove Grades: NS-6 | 202 students
5856 Belgrave Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92645
(714)897-3833 25.9 NS-6
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.