Pacific Oaks Children's School
- Pacific Oaks, located on campuses in Pasadena and Oakland, California, as well as online, is a unique educational institution offering upper division and graduate-level college programs in human development, counseling and teaching credentials.
- The Children's School, serving infants through kindergarten age children and their parents, is located in Pasadena.
- Pacific Oaks is an independent institution of learning influenced by its Quaker heritage and dedicated to principles of social justice, respect for diversity, and the valuing of the uniqueness of each person.
- Its primary focus is placed upon all needs of young children and their families, and all those who, in a direct or indirect manner, touch their lives each day.
- Education at Pacific Oaks includes academic, research, clinical, and community outreach components to develop an understanding of those settings within which a child acts and which, in turn, affect a child's development.
- Pacific Oaks promotes educational practices within the institution, profession and public schools that encourage learners to find their own voices, to take stands in the face of opposition, and to exercise competence in collaboration with others.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: K | 64 students
355 W Green St
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)792-4505 0.8 K
- Pasadena Grades: PK-K | 125 students
280 S Los Robles Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101
(626)570-1514 1.4 PK-K
- Pasadena Grades: PK-12 | 326 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)792-5940 0.8 PK-12
- Arcadia Grades: PK-K | 22 students
1406 S Santa Anita Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)447-3513 7.7 PK-K
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.