Pacific Oaks Children's School
- Pacific Oaks, located on campuses in Pasadena and Oakland, California, as well as online, is a unique educational institution offering upper division and graduate-level college programs in human development, counseling and teaching credentials.
- The Children's School, serving infants through kindergarten age children and their parents, is located in Pasadena.
- Pacific Oaks is an independent institution of learning influenced by its Quaker heritage and dedicated to principles of social justice, respect for diversity, and the valuing of the uniqueness of each person.
- Its primary focus is placed upon all needs of young children and their families, and all those who, in a direct or indirect manner, touch their lives each day.
- Education at Pacific Oaks includes academic, research, clinical, and community outreach components to develop an understanding of those settings within which a child acts and which, in turn, affect a child's development.
- Pacific Oaks promotes educational practices within the institution, profession and public schools that encourage learners to find their own voices, to take stands in the face of opposition, and to exercise competence in collaboration with others.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: K | 64 students
355 W Green St
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)792-4505 0.8 K
- Pasadena Grades: PK-K | 125 students
280 S Los Robles Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101
(626)570-1514 1.4 PK-K
- Pasadena Grades: PK-12 | 326 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)792-5940 0.8 PK-12
- Arcadia Grades: PK-K | 22 students
1406 S Santa Anita Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)447-3513 7.7 PK-K
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.