St Mary's Church Armenian Kindergarten
- At Richard Tufenkian Pre-School, the mission of the teaching staff and administration is to provide a high quality early childhood education program by following these ethical codes Ensure that the program is based on current knowledge of child development and early childhood education, Serve as advocates for children, Respect and support families in their task of nurturing children, Maintain high standards of professional conduct, Be open to new ideas and be willing to learn from the suggestions of others, Continue to learn, grow and contribute as a professional, Provide children with a rich Armenian environment and education, The years of early childhood are the most critical in the lives of children.
- The experiences they have greatly affect their later development and behavior.
- Teachers and teacher assistants are experienced and have exceeded the Early Childhood Education State requirements.
- They are trained in Pediatric CPR and First Aid. Staff members and faculty are all bilingual.
- In addition, they continue to update their education by attending colleges, conferences and workshops that are organized by NAEYC, respectable ECE organizations and the Board of Regents.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 76 students
225 S Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91205
(818)244-4567 0.3 PK-K
- Glendale Grades: NS-K | 24 students
345 N Cedar Street
Glendale, CA 91206
(818)246-1563 0.5 NS-K
- Glendale Grades: PK-1 | 76 students
234 N Isabel Street
Glendale, CA 91206
(818)241-9353 0.6 PK-1
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.