St Mary's Church Armenian Kindergarten
- At Richard Tufenkian Pre-School, the mission of the teaching staff and administration is to provide a high quality early childhood education program by following these ethical codes Ensure that the program is based on current knowledge of child development and early childhood education, Serve as advocates for children, Respect and support families in their task of nurturing children, Maintain high standards of professional conduct, Be open to new ideas and be willing to learn from the suggestions of others, Continue to learn, grow and contribute as a professional, Provide children with a rich Armenian environment and education, The years of early childhood are the most critical in the lives of children.
- The experiences they have greatly affect their later development and behavior.
- Teachers and teacher assistants are experienced and have exceeded the Early Childhood Education State requirements.
- They are trained in Pediatric CPR and First Aid. Staff members and faculty are all bilingual.
- In addition, they continue to update their education by attending colleges, conferences and workshops that are organized by NAEYC, respectable ECE organizations and the Board of Regents.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 76 students
225 S Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91205
(818)244-4567 0.3 PK-K
- Glendale Grades: NS-K | 24 students
345 N Cedar Street
Glendale, CA 91206
(818)246-1563 0.5 NS-K
- Glendale Grades: PK-1 | 76 students
234 N Isabel Street
Glendale, CA 91206
(818)241-9353 0.6 PK-1
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.