St Mary's Church Armenian Kindergarten
Tel: (818) 240-7030
- At Richard Tufenkian Pre-School, the mission of the teaching staff and administration is to provide a high quality early childhood education program by following these ethical codes Ensure that the program is based on current knowledge of child development and early childhood education, Serve as advocates for children, Respect and support families in their task of nurturing children, Maintain high standards of professional conduct, Be open to new ideas and be willing to learn from the suggestions of others, Continue to learn, grow and contribute as a professional, Provide children with a rich Armenian environment and education, The years of early childhood are the most critical in the lives of children.
- The experiences they have greatly affect their later development and behavior.
- Teachers and teacher assistants are experienced and have exceeded the Early Childhood Education State requirements.
- They are trained in Pediatric CPR and First Aid. Staff members and faculty are all bilingual.
- In addition, they continue to update their education by attending colleges, conferences and workshops that are organized by NAEYC, respectable ECE organizations and the Board of Regents.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 76 students
225 S Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 244-4567 0.3 PK-K
- Glendale Grades: PK-1 | 76 students
234 N Isabel Street
Glendale, CA 91206
(818) 241-9353 0.6 PK-1
- Glendale Grades: 9-12 | 123 students
400 E Lomita Ave
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 241-3178 0.7 9-12
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?