5.00 (1 review)
- Tobinworld is a non-profit school for children and young adults with behavior problems.
- Typically students have been classified as severely emotionally disabled, autistic or developmentally disabled.
- Tobinworld seeks to impart to each student the skills and behaviors he or she needs in order to live as happy, normal and productive a life as possible.
- The program philosophy integrates special education with behavioral psychology and carries out an individual behavior and academic program for each student.
- Medication is not used at Tobinworld for behavior problems. Instead, we address behavior problems with a consistent behavioral and educational program.
- Whenever feasible, our goal is to return the student to public school or to a competitive or sheltered work opportunity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waterloo Grades: 9-12 | 293 students
3231 W 9th St
Waterloo, IA 50702
(319)233-3358 1509.6 9-12
- Schenectady Grades: PK-5 | 197 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
(518)355-3080 2440.1 PK-5
- Glendale Grades: PK-12 | 631 students
700 Kimlin Dr
Glendale, CA 91206
(818)244-8671 1.2 PK-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 181 students
6957 N Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90042
(323)443-3100 3.4 7-12
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 121 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)791-1255 8.4 1-12
Tobinworld received the highest praise from the California Department of Education in 2012. The CDE notes that Tobinworld provides excellent vocational opportunities for students of all abilities, a strong Academy program for diploma track students, and an excellent behavior program for students with autism. The CDE states that Tobinworld is the "Best Non-Public School in California."
- Posted by Administrator - c.lou
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.