5.00 (1 review)
- Tobinworld is a non-profit school for children and young adults with behavior problems.
- Typically students have been classified as severely emotionally disabled, autistic or developmentally disabled.
- Tobinworld seeks to impart to each student the skills and behaviors he or she needs in order to live as happy, normal and productive a life as possible.
- The program philosophy integrates special education with behavioral psychology and carries out an individual behavior and academic program for each student.
- Medication is not used at Tobinworld for behavior problems. Instead, we address behavior problems with a consistent behavioral and educational program.
- Whenever feasible, our goal is to return the student to public school or to a competitive or sheltered work opportunity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waterloo Grades: 9-12 | 293 students
3231 W 9th St
Waterloo, IA 50702
(319)233-3358 1509.6 9-12
- Schenectady Grades: PK-5 | 197 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
(518)355-3080 2440.1 PK-5
- Glendale Grades: PK-12 | 631 students
700 Kimlin Dr
Glendale, CA 91206
(818)244-8671 1.2 PK-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 181 students
6957 N Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90042
(323)443-3100 3.4 7-12
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 121 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)791-1255 8.4 1-12
Tobinworld received the highest praise from the California Department of Education in 2012. The CDE notes that Tobinworld provides excellent vocational opportunities for students of all abilities, a strong Academy program for diploma track students, and an excellent behavior program for students with autism. The CDE states that Tobinworld is the "Best Non-Public School in California."
- Posted by Administrator - c.lou
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.