St. Andrew Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- St. Andrew Catholic School (PK-8th grade) has been inspiring young minds for over 120 years. Established in 1897 it has been an urban Catholic elementary school located in the downtown area of Pasadena known as "Old Pasadena."
- St. Andrew Catholic School is a diverse, nurturing community that fosters faith development, intellectual curiosity, respect for others, and lifelong learning. St. Andrew graduates are poised to achieve their God given potential for greater things in service of Church, family and community.
- Our Early Childhood Program enrolls students as young as 3 years for our PK 3 program, 3 years old for our PK program, 4-5 years old for our TK program and 5-6 years old for our Kindergarten program. If you have not looked at St. Andrew Catholic School for your family, now is the perfect time to schedule your private tour with our principal, Mr. Raphael Domingo! To learn more about how you can join our Tiger family, visit our website at www.saspasadena.com or contact our school office at 626-796-7697 St. Andrew Catholic School: 42 Chestnut Street, Pasadena, CA 91103.
St. Andrew Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,750|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Mar. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,665|
|Tuition Notes||We offer different tuition rates: Pre-K: $6,875, TK-K: $6,050, 1st-8th: $5,665 International Student Rate: Pre-K: $12,000 TK-K: $11,000 Grades 1-8: $10,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Rocio M. Pineda|
|Admissions Associate||Crystal Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, chess club, crafts, jazz hip hop dance, Robotics classes, spelling bee
Arts and Music Programs:
select children chorus
- Admissions Process
- Be a part of the St. Andrew School Family! Whether you are choosing the first school for your child or are considering a change, making the right educational choice for your child is a very important decision.
- We are delighted and pleased that you are considering St. Andrew School.We are proud of our long history in Pasadena. We strive to honor our past as we move forward in faith and in educational excellence for the children of our rich and diverse community.
- Classes fill quickly, and new families are strongly encouraged to register early. Students enrolling after a class becomes full and closes will be placed on a waiting list on a first come first served basis. Openings, if they occur, will be filled from the waiting list. St. Andrew Catholic School admits students of any race, color, nationality or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. The school does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or nationality and ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies, athletic, or other school programs.
- In order to be admitted to our Preschool, the child must have reached his or her third birthday for the three-year-old program prior to September 1 of the respective academic year. In order to be admitted to our Transitional Kindergarten, the child must have reached his or her fourth birthday prior to September 1 of the respective academic year.Kindergarten admittance is dependent upon the child having reached his or her fifth birthday prior to September 1 of the respective academic year.
- Documents which are required for enrollment are:
- Completed Application Packet
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Current physical Form from doctor
- Baptismal Certificate
- Admission Assessment
- Application fee of $75
- if applicable Contact information for previous school
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Altadena Grades: K-8 | 221 students
1840 Lake Ave
Altadena, CA 91001
(626)797-7727 2.1 K-8
- Montrose Grades: 1-12 | 229 students
2361 Del Mar Rd.
Montrose, CA 91020
(818)369-7310 6.3 1-12
- Pasadena Grades: K-8 | 347 students
1720 Kinneloa Canyon Rd
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)798-8989 3.7 K-8
- Pasadena Grades: K-12 | 858 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626)396-6300 1.5 K-12
St. Andrews is a great school, if by great school you mean a false sense in social status then yes. Compared to other schools in the area both private and non, based solely on academics this school does not hold a candle to knowledge. Having gone here then transferred to a public school I quickly realized that I was far behind my peers, it took me years to fully comprehend why this was. This school focuses mostly on their religion than facts and basic (in my opinion) education. As a Catholic I see the appeal of putting your child in a Catholic private school but as a parent and past student I will take my chances on a better school elsewhere. The church on the other hand is my congregation and will most definitely recommend being part of it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - miman
St. Andrew offers children a good catholic education, access to local cultural sites, computer lab, buddy program, loving teachers and real world mix of students for one of the lowest tuitions in the area (and only require 10hrs of parent volunteer time compared to others who require 40hrs). I encourage you to tour the school and see if it is the right fit for you child. They do not have a waiting list and accept students from Kinder through 7th grade.
- Posted by Parent - blake
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.