5.00 (1 review)
Excelsior School Photo #2 - Excelsior School offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education and boarding opportunities.
- Excelsior School is a small, independent high school that offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education, and our school has established an excellent track record of graduates matriculating at distinguished colleges and universities.
- Our program is designed to develop an awareness of their potential.
- Commitment to community service and individual responsibility are also strongly emphasized. An in-depth, enriched curriculum, close faculty-student relations, diverse activities, and a variety of special programs and traditions support these goals.
Excelsior School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- SAT Score Highest average SAT score
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English, AP European History, AP Government and Politics, AP Human Geography, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Statistic, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Timothy Lee|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, SoccerBadminton, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Basketball, Choir, Drama, Key Club, Model UN, Newspaper, Speech, Yearbook
- Excelsior School is a small, independent high school that offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education, and our school has established an excellent track record of graduates matriculating at distinguished colleges and universities. Our program is designed to develop an awareness of their potential. Commitment to community service and individual responsibility are also strongly emphasized. An in-depth, enriched curriculum, close faculty-student relations, diverse activities, and a variety of special programs and traditions support these goals.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: 9-12 | 565 students
169 South Saint John Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)817-4000 3 9-12
- Pasadena Grades: K-12 | 858 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626)396-6300 2.6 K-12
- San Gabriel Grades: K-12 | 518 students
8827 E Broadway
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626)292-1156 5.6 K-12
The teachers are very helpful. They are very patient. I learned a lot at Excelsior. I lived in school for two years. The dormitory is roomy, comfortable and clean. The camp is so beautiful. School counselors guided every student step by step for college application. I got accepted by many top universities.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Yvonne Chen
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.