Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
Academics and Faculty
(Red jacket and plaid skirt)
Finances and Admission
Club or Organization:
Academic Decathlon, Ambassadors, Amnesty International, Art Club, ASB, Black Student Union, Boarding Student Council, California Scholarship Federation, Campus Ministry, Christian Action Movement, Code Crew, Cooking & Gardening Club, Feminists in Action, Film Club, La Vanguardia (Spanish Club), Latinas United in Action, Mu Alpha Theta (Math Club), Multi-Cultural Club, National Honor Society, Science & Environmental Club, Speech & Debate Team, Students Against Destructive Decisions, Theatre Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Check us out on Facebook, and Instagram
- Academic excellence is the core of Flintridge Sacred Heart, and the school's broad curriculum prepares graduates well for their journey into higher education.
- As with virtually all alumnae, 100% of the Class of 2019 is attending college. These talented young women were the recipients of many academic, athletic and leadership scholarships at a variety of universities and colleges throughout the country.
- Students at each grade level participate in spiritual retreats led by adult and trained peer counselors, and include one- and two-day retreats for underclasswomen, a four-day retreat to Catalina Island for juniors, and two days of prayer and a four-day Kairos retreat for seniors.
- Students are trained as peer leaders on the Campus Ministry Leadership Team, as Journey leaders and as Kairos leaders, all of whom help lead retreats.
- The visual and performing arts program has, from the school's inception, always been a vital part of the curriculum. In addition to being able to select from a wide variety of arts classes, students present a full-scale musical production each year, plus a drama or comedy on the alternate semester.
- Members of the school's dance companies, and from all dance classes, stage a dance concert in the spring of each year, featuring not only our dancers but also student choreography. Dance students also perform in the annual musical.
- Four musical recitals are held each year to showcase piano, chamber music, orchestra, advanced musicians, contemporary band and choral. Student musicians may also play for school liturgies, the student musical and at graduation.
- Art students display their work at the annual art show while also contributing their talents by helping produce backdrops for theatrical productions and illustrating the school's literary magazine.
- The school believes that the opportunity for participation in selected athletic activities is a vital part of the educational experience.
- Freshmen must take a full year of Physical Education/Health, but all students are encouraged to try out for a team. Consistently, well over 70% of the student body in any given year participates in athletics.
- Clubs keep our students busy. Time is set aside each week for members to meet and plan activities, which may range from a bake sale by the Math Club and a mime-a-thon by the Theatre Club to a limerick contest by the Young Writers' Society.
- The original mission-style buildings, which were designed in 1927 by noted Southern California architect Myron Hunt, overlook the San Gabriel Valley and the Pasadena Rose Bowl from the crest of the San Rafael hills.
Endorse Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards