Notre Dame Academy Girls High School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Notre Dame Academy is a Catholic, private, fully-accredited college preparatory school for young women, founded in 1949 by the Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Steeped in the tradition of "Educating young women to make a difference," Notre Dame Academy's unique educational experience combines a Catholic value-centered program with a challenging and comprehensive academic curriculum.
- As an Academy of the Sisters of Notre Dame, students share a common bond and rich history with all students at Notre Dame Schools around the world.
- At the heart of this international educational heritage are four teaching cornerstones: the dignity of the teacher; the worth of the individual student; the thoroughness of instruction in all subjects; and the centrality of religion.
- The Academy's student-centered program stresses the importance of personal spirituality, leadership, concern for the common good, service to one another and to the greater community.
- Within the context of spiritual and moral values, students learn to view the world globally -- with its many opportunities and challenges.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||375 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Dance, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Government and Politics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art- 2-D Design, AP Studio Art- Drawing, AP US History, AP World History, Honors Algebra II, Honors Chemistry, Honors Geometry, Honors Spanish III|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Brigid Williams|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Bri Berlin|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Athletic Association, Campus Ministry, Choir, Cooking Club, Dance, Drama, Drama Teacher's Association of Southern California (DTASC), Earth Club, Fashion and Design, Film Club, Honor Council, Interact, Journalism, National Honors Society, NDA International, Poetry Club, Queen's Council, Rereat Team, Royale (Newspaper), Sound and Light Crew, Speech and Debate, Student Council, Student Faculty Forum, Student Forum, Women in Math and Science, Yearbook Art Club, Choir, Cooking Club, Dance, Drama, Earth Club, Film Club, Honor Council, Interact, Journalism, Poetry Club, Rereat Team, Student Forum, Yearbook, Athletic Association,|
Drama Teacher's Association of Southern California (DTASC),
Fashion and Design,
National Honors Society,
Sound and Light Crew,
Speech and Debate,
Student Faculty Forum,
Women in Math and Science,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 367 students
10643 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90077
- Los AngelesGrades: 6-12 | 359 students
11725 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 535 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
- Santa MonicaGrades: 9-12
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
- West HollywoodGrades: 6-12 | 159 students
8628 Holloway Dr
West Hollywood, CA 90069
I went here about 50 years ago and am blown away by the differences. We had nuns for teachers and brown and yellow uniforms. But I loved this school. I remember how rugged the courses were and by ND's standards, todays public schools seem weak. I went to the elementary too and our 8th grade teacher, Sr. Patricia Anne, was the principal as well.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kim
Attended this institution from 9-12, did an amazing job preparing me for university level courses, and I made great friends and memories :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bamez
Great teachers, student body and extracuriculum and sports opportunities.
- Posted by Parent - sally
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.