Notre Dame Academy Girls High School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Notre Dame Academy is a Catholic, private, college preparatory school for young women, founded in 1949 by the Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame Academy's administration, teachers, coaches, and staff integrate the mission, "educating young women to make a difference," throughout all aspects of the student experience.
- Our curriculum is engaging and challenging. Each student is nurtured as an individual with unique talents and strengths. Our graduates are prepared academically, spiritually, and emotionally to excel in college and beyond.
- 26 AP and Honors courses 100% college acceptance 10 athletic teams, 4 levels of dance, and extensive visual arts offerings
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Dance, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Government and Politics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art- 2-D Design, AP Studio Art- Drawing, AP US History, AP World History, Honors Algebra II, Honors Chemistry, Honors Geometry, Honors Spanish III|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,350|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Michele White|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Athletic Association, Campus Ministry, Choir, Dance, Drama, Drama Teacher's Association of Southern California (DTASC), Honor Council, Journalism, National Honors Society, Queen's Council, Rereat Team, Sound and Light Crew, Student Council, Student Forum, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 373 students
10643 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90077
(310)472-1205 3.3 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 533 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)935-1147 5.8 7-12
- Santa Monica Grades: 9-12
1030 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310)394-3701 4.5 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 276 students
2900 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90006
(323)737-0012 6.7 9-12
I went here about 50 years ago and am blown away by the differences. We had nuns for teachers and brown and yellow uniforms. But I loved this school. I remember how rugged the courses were and by ND's standards, todays public schools seem weak. I went to the elementary too and our 8th grade teacher, Sr. Patricia Anne, was the principal as well.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kim
Attended this institution from 9-12, did an amazing job preparing me for university level courses, and I made great friends and memories :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bamez
Great teachers, student body and extracuriculum and sports opportunities.
- Posted by Parent - sally
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.