St. Monica Catholic High School
- Saint Monica Catholic High School is a coeducational, parish high school that provides a college preparatory curriculum for students of diverse abilities, cultures, and faiths.
- As a Catholic high school guided by gospel values, we affirm and respect the dignity of each member of our school community.
- We are a faith-filled community that values Christian service, as well as academic achievement.
- Our mission is to graduate students who demonstrate strength of character, intellectual integrity, and the love of God and others.
- Recognizing parents as the primary educators, we provide a faith-based education in collaboration with parents, faculty, and the parish community.
- We achieve this through the synthesis of the spiritual, intellectual, moral, emotional, social, and physical development of our students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French, AP Japanese, AP Physics, AP Spanish Language, AP U.S. Government, AP United States History, Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors Biology, Honors British Literature, Honors Chemistry, Honors Economics, Honors English 9, Honors Geometry, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish I-III, Honors World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Current 2014-2015 Catholic parishioner discounted tuition is $9,000 annually; $10,000 is the regular annual tuition rate. Tuition for international students is $12,000. Tuition assistance is available for students with demonstrated need.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Jonathan Gobrial '09|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, Animal Rescue Club, Animation Club, Asian Pacific Club, Black Cultural Society, California Scholarship Federation, Campus Ministry Club, Comedy Club, Creative Expression Club, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Fashion Club, Food Club, Habitat for Humanity, Human Rights Club, Key Club, Mariner Maniacs, Miracle Makers, National Honors Society, Nosotros, Poetry Club, Speech & Debate, Student Government, Video and Gaming Clu
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa MonicaGrades: 9-12 | 245 students
1730 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
- Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
2851 Overland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 724 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 1159 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 367 students
10643 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90077
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.