At the Early Childhood Center , we believe that child-initiated, child-directed, teacher-supported play is the most important component of our program.
Play allows the child to grow physically, emotionally and socially.
It is how children learn to negotiate, share, cooperate and respect the rights of others.
Our program encourages positive social behaviors such as cooperation, helpfulness, taking turns and problem solving through verbal communication.
Children are given many opportunities for experimentation and involvement including cooking, creative arts, woodworking, storytelling and music.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 75 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- At Beth Shir Shalom, we believe children learn best in a safe, loving, unhurried environment where they are free to explore, ask questions, experiment, and construct their own knowledge. We inspire children to find wonder in the world around them, explore with intention, and think creatively as they learn and play together. Teachers encourage cooperation, collaboration, problem solving, and discovery. There is plenty of time outdoors for unique art experiences, scientific investigations, and challenging physical activity, all of which promote a spiritual connection to the natural world. Our children and teachers are active and engaged learners who get wet and messy every day! As part of a Reform synagogue, our Judaic values guide our practice as we promote respect, compassion, justice, and peace in all that we do. Additionally, we share the rituals and celebrate the holidays of our ancestors throughout the year. This deepens our commitment to family and community and strengthens our bonds to both history and eternity.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Beth Shir Sholom Early Childhood Center?
The application deadline for Beth Shir Sholom Early Childhood Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Beth Shir Sholom Early Childhood Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.