Beth Shir Sholom Early Childhood Center
- At the Early Childhood Center , we believe that child-initiated, child-directed, teacher-supported play is the most important component of our program.
- Play allows the child to grow physically, emotionally and socially.
- It is how children learn to negotiate, share, cooperate and respect the rights of others.
- Our program encourages positive social behaviors such as cooperation, helpfulness, taking turns and problem solving through verbal communication.
- Children are given many opportunities for experimentation and involvement including cooking, creative arts, woodworking, storytelling and music.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-1|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica Grades: K-8 | 49 students
1220 20th St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-1741 0.2 K-8
- Santa Monica Grades: PK-K | 101 students
1008 11th St
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310)395-7292 0.6 PK-K
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.