Fairmont Schools - San Juan Capistrano
Fairmont San Juan Capistrano is part of the Fairmont Schools group, Orange County's oldest and largest secular, co-educational preschool - 12th grade private school. Fairmont has been voted Best Private School in Orange County seven years in a row!
SJC has the distinction of being one of only a handful of private schools in Orange County to provide the full continuum of grades (P-12) on one campus.
It is also home to Fairmont Athletic Academy, an innovative program that incorporates training for elite middle school athletes into the course of their regular school day.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 250 students
- Yearly Tuition: $17,440
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
2D Art and Design, 3D Art and Design, Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Computer Science Principles, Drawing, English Language & Composition, English Literature and Composition, Government and Politics: US, Physics 1, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, United States History, World History
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Varies by Grade Level: Preschool (3 half days): $8,350, Preschool (5 half days): $10,880, Preschool (3 full days): $11,560, Preschool (5 full days): $15,140, PreK (5 half days): $11,590, PreK (5 full days): $15,140, JK - 5: $17,440, 6 - 8: $19,700, 9 - 12: $21,620
- Fairmont San Juan Capistrano honors the uniqueness of each child -- meeting students where they are and providing opportunities to grow.
- Through small class sizes and individualized instruction, children advance to working a grade level ahead of peers in other programs.
- With programs that begin in preschool and culminate with a high school diploma, Fairmont SJC is one of the few Orange County schools where students can experience an education from start to finish.
- High caliber academics plus world-class sports training -- students benefit from both at the SJC campus. Hockey, soccer, wrestling, volleyball, and our state-of-the-art Athletic Academy offer athletes unparalleled opportunities.
- Fairmont SJC offers a balanced education. It combines time-honored fundamentals with innovative approaches to learning -- balancing intellectual growth with social and emotional wellbeing.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Fairmont Schools - San Juan Capistrano. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Don't Need Financial Aid? Step to the Front of the Line!
The fallout of the economic and financial meltdown of 2009 was far reaching. Private schools did not escape the consequences either. But that may be a good thing for you.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
July 20, 2022School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.