- Committed to providing its students with the finest in progressive elementary education, PS1 Pluralistic School offers a strong academic curriculum within a nurturing environment.
- A variety of teaching methods are used to reach a common goal in a learning community where knowledge meets imagination.
- Creative teachers integrate subject matter and relate it to the world around us.
- With a developmentally appropriate curriculum, teachers challenge their students at various levels of difficulty and complexity.
- Discovery and hands-on activities make learning relevant to each child's life experience.
- Students' interests are taken into consideration when units of study are created.
- The school was created in 1971 in response to a need in the community for small classes, innovative programs, and an enriched, joyful learning experience for children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 4|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Beth Kemp|
|Admissions Associate||Evelyn Cazun|
- At PS1, we recognize that every child is unique, so we built a school that nurtures individual talents and learning styles. That's how children become the best versions of themselves. In a school where fitting in is about being yourself. When we talk about pluralism – the ‘P’ in PS1 – we are referring to respecting, recognizing, and building upon a child’s passions, interests, talents, personal expressions, and uniqueness. That’s what made Joel Pelcyger, our founding Head of School, start saying 44 years ago: “It’s not how smart you are; it’s how you are smart.
Profile last updated: 08/03/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Pacific PalisadesGrades: NS-8 | 250 students
17310 W Sunset Blvd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Santa MonicaGrades: K-8 | 315 students
1039 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 1159 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Culver CityGrades: NS-8 | 345 students
8780 National Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.