Turning Point School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (310) 841-2505
Turning Point School Photo #2 - We teach the whole child by addressing their unique cognitive, social, emotional, physical, ethical, and creative development.
Turning Point School Photo #3 - Students develop their public voice as early as kindergarten through Poetry in the Park.
Turning Point School is an private, independent, coeducational day school providing a premiere education to students in the greater Los Angeles area.
For over 50 years, we have educated confident, curious, and globally-aware Preschool, Kindergarten, Elementary School, and Middle School students.
Turning Point uniquely utilizes neuroscience and positive psychology to place well-being at the center of student learning. When children have a strong sense of well-being they learn better, retain more, take academic risks, and are happier students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||346 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition begins at $29,435 for preschool and goes up to approximately $38.510for middle school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christian Davis|
|Admissions Associate||Jenny Vasquez|
|Endowment Size||$2 million|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Flag Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Flag Football, Martial Arts,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Martial Arts Dojo, Robotics Team, Skateboarding, Tennis Club, World Language Lab
Arts and Music Programs:
- Turning Point School is an independent school that provides harmony between the structure of a rigorous academic program and the freedom that guides each child through the many academic, emotional, creative, physical, social, and ethical turning points the primary, elementary, and middle school years present. We succeed when our students become responsible, well-balanced adults who are confident, honest, knowledgeable, community-focused, globally oriented, joyful, and well prepared to face a challenging and changing world.
- Based on scientific research and the field of positive psychology, our positive equation for achievement encompasses the intellectual, social, physical, ethical, and emotional elements that drive each student`s experience and growth, from the very first day of preschool until eighth grade graduation.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Culver City Grades: PK-8 | 425 students
8509 Higuera Street
Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 815-0411 0.5 PK-8
- Culver City Grades: PK-6 | 161 students
3430 McManus Avenue
Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 838-2442 0.4 PK-6
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-8 | 520 students
5401 Beethoven Street
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310) 574-8650 4 NS-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 734 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310) 478-7189 3.1 K-12
Turning Point School is a happy place. 7 years into our TP experience and my children have never said that they don't want to go to school. The teachers are both nurturing and firm. The community is diverse and, for the most part, down to earth. The children who graduate from TP are confident, well spoken and look you in the eyes when they speak to you. They learn respect and compassion and I look forward to the years we have remaining there.
- Posted by Parent - labco
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.