Echo Horizon School Photo #2 - The Library is home to more than 17,000 books where students develop their love of reading.
Echo Horizon School Photo #3 - Our Big and Small Yards allow students to play sports and games, all while building relationships.
Echo Horizon School Photo #6 - The arts program at Echo Horizon makes meaningful connections among cultures and curriculum.
Located in the arts district of Culver City, Echo Horizon is a Pre-K-6 elementary school that: Gives children the time to be children, in a safe, inclusive community that is down-to-earth and free of unhealthy pressure.
Educates students with a unique curriculum that combines the "best of both worlds": the strongest traditional practices with research-based and evidence-tested innovation.
Not only talks about the value of diversity and inclusion, but embodies it daily.
Sends alumni to the most exceptional secondary schools in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 181 students
- Yearly Tuition: $33,385
- Application Deadline: Dec. 10 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 50%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Dec. 10 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Pre-K tuition is $25,640
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Located in the arts district of Culver City, Echo Horizon is a Pre-K-6 elementary school that:
How do we do this?
Why it`s important . . .
- Gives children the time to be children, in a safe, inclusive community that is down-to-earth and free of unhealthy pressure.
- Educates students with a unique curriculum that combines the "best of both worlds": the strongest traditional practices with research-based and evidence-tested innovation.
- Not only talks about the value of diversity and inclusion, but embodies it daily.
- Sends alumni to the most exceptional secondary schools in the greater Los Angeles area.
How do we do this?
- We are elementary-school experts who educate students in an intentionally small and kind community where they are free to explore, question, and imagine.
- Our Head of School Peggy Procter is an educational leader who has instituted a "best of both worlds" educational philosophy for our elementary school-age learners.
- Echo`s talented teachers focus on the whole child and are dedicated to each student. They themselves are lifelong learners who grow professionally and engage in their craft.
- Fifteen percent of our students are deaf or hard of hearing (DHH). These exceptional DHH students use hearing technology such as hearing aids and cochlear implants. They learn and play alongside their hearing peers. This unique educational model benefits both hearing and non-hearing students--all students develop empathy, an appreciation of difference, and a lived understanding of other experiences.
- Fifty percent of our students identify as people of color and our students come from 46 different zip codes within Los Angeles County. Over fifty percent of our Leadership team are people of color as well.
- We prioritize curiosity, creativity, collaboration, leadership, gratitude, conflict resolution, and a growth mindset.
Why it`s important . . .
- Our small size and focus on the whole child leads to individualized learning for each student.
- We honor and support different types of learners within the same family.
- Our emphasis on diversity and inclusion leads to more empathetic, resilient children who are better equipped to interact with all types of citizens and are culturally aware.
- Secondary schools routinely tell us that our students are lifelong learners who are accomplished, poised, self aware, and skilled in critical thinking.
- Our alumni go on to be changemakers, scientists, athletes, and artists with the intellectual curiosity, resourcefulness, and courage they need to improve the world for future generations.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Echo Horizon School cost?
Echo Horizon School's tuition is approximately $33,385 for private students.
What sports does Echo Horizon School offer?
Echo Horizon School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Echo Horizon School?
The application deadline for Echo Horizon School is Dec. 10 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 10 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Echo Horizon School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.