The Willows Community School
- The Willows Community School, located in Culver City, California, is a Developmental Kindergarten through 8th grade independent school enrolling 435 students annually.
- Nationally recognized as a balanced, progressive educational leader, The Willows’ strong academic program incorporates experiential learning and thematic instruction into cutting-edge curriculum and integrates technology and the arts into the classroom.
- At The Willows, we believe each child brings our community an extraordinary gift: a curious mind, ready to explore and eager to learn.
- Our mission is to grow that gift by challenging our students to uncover meaning and significance in the world around them and to become capable, confident individuals who demonstrate character, engagement, and a joyful passion for creative inquiry across a lifetime.
- The Willows is strongly committed to financial assistance and seeks a broad-based student body with a diversity of race, ethnicity, economics and learning styles.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||425 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Willows t-shirt worn Monday thru Thursday)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 20 / Jan. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,000|
|Tuition Notes||DK-5 $25,700 6-8 $29,300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kim Feldman|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
- The Willows Mission Statement
- At The Willows, we believe each child brings our community an extraordinary gift: a curious mind, ready to explore and eager to learn. Our mission is to grow that gift by challenging our students to uncover meaning and significance in the world around them and to become capable, confident individuals who demonstrate character, engagement, and a joyful passion for creative inquiry across a lifetime.
- Our Philosophy
- The Willows is committed to a balanced yet demanding progressive curriculum rooted in experiential learning and social values. We teach and model a zest for learning and the courage to take risks. We challenge children to challenge themselves and set high standards for academic excellence, which they pursue with energy and joy. We nurture a sense of compassion and community that begins at home, reinforcing what it means to be a respectful, involved citizen-of-the-world. We believe that great minds grow in a near-infinite variety of ways. In the spirit of the willow tree itself, our “great minds” are flexible, resilient, and beautiful at every stage of development.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Culver City Grades: PK-6 | 175 students
3430 McManus Avenue
Culver City, CA 90232
(310)838-2442 0.5 PK-6
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 725 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)397-3134 3.1 K-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.