The Hillside School & Learning Center
Tel: (818) 790-3044 Ext. 306
- Designed to help struggling students navigate the educational system to find success and transition from high school to college.
- In small classes of less than 12 students, The Hillside School uses a combinaiton of focused teaching techniques and positive reinforcement to reach each individual student.
- Dual-enrollment, flexible schedules, and online hybrid classes prepare students for college.
The Hillside School & Learning Center places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$875|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Physics, AP Spanish|
|Average SAT score||1130|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(In good taste)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available upon request through application process|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,700|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cyndi Hatcher|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Volunteer Club, Yearbook Committee|
Club or Organization:
Art Club, Drama Club, Fitness Club, Hiking Club, National Honor Society, Student Council
- The Hillside School offers five programs, each aimed at solving a particular educational challenge for students between the ages of 13 and 18. The five programs are: The Hillside Day School, Hillside Dual Enrollment, Hillside Summer School, Hillside Afterschool Credit Programs and Hillside Educational Therapy.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed The Hillside School & Learning Center also viewed these schools: Flintridge Preparatory School, Renaissance Academy, Brighton Hall School, Kids World School, Inc & Cornerstone Academy Of L. and Ribet Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 7-12 | 507 students
4543 Crown Ave
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(818) 790-1178 0.5 7-12
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 76 students
2132 Hyperion Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 663-4703 8.4 K-12
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?