St. Francis High School
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 600 students
- Yearly Tuition: $20,700
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 21
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Docker pants/shorts and collared shirt
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Aviation Club, LINK, Living in Faith Experience, Recycling Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Alvernian (Yearbook), Art Club, Knight Life Student Newspaper, KNIT (Television News Station), Men’s Chorus
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Mountain Bike Team
- Founded in 1946, St. Francis High School is a private, Catholic, college preparatory school for boys. The school is owned by its Board of Directors and operated in sponsorship with the Capuchin Franciscan Friars of the Western American Province of Our Lady of Angels. Our educational objectives incorporate both thebasic philosophy of Catholic education and the philosophy of the Capuchin Franciscan Order, in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
- Enriching the Mind and Heart - We seek to develop in our students the qualities of mind and heart necessary for mature living in the spiritual and temporal world. In addition to preparing students for the rigors of university life, our curriculum and community life cultivate intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth, responsible citizenship, social awareness, and aesthetic appreciation.
- Strengthening Respect Through Service and Humility - Inspired by the humility and love of Jesus Christ, Francis cherished and promoted a deep appreciation of being "lesser." True followers of Christ are always to be distinguished by their humility and service, especially to the poor and marginalized. We too cherish and foster these essential qualities by encouraging students, faculty, and staff to develop the deep, mutual respect that precludes divisiveness and elitism. We seek to expand our affinity for our own community to embrace a richer, more meaningful affinity with the love of Christ for all humankind.
- Creating a Brotherhood - The hallmark of the Franciscan tradition is love - particularly, God's love as reflected in all creation. Thus, the Franciscan charism includes promoting harmony, unity, and love in every human institution, the most fundamental of which is the family. The St. Francis "family spirit" embraces notonly individual students' families, but also faculty, staff, administration, and alumni, as well as the Christian community at large. Our school family develops its sense of interconnectedness by participation in the activities of Church life - daily prayer, special liturgical celebration, the sacraments, retreats, and our four-year religion curriculum.
- Envisioning Men of Virtue and Peace - St. Francis High School works to realize the Church's vision of God's kingdom on Earth by participating in the teaching mission of the Roman Catholic Church through the lens of the Franciscan virtues. St. Francis students are also encouraged to become good stewards to all of God's creation and to appreciate their education not only as ameans to college and career, but also as training for a life of service. As instruments of peace, they will build God's kingdom through example.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Francis High School cost?
St. Francis High School's tuition is approximately $20,700 for private students.
Does St. Francis High School offer a summer program?
Yes, St. Francis High School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does St. Francis High School offer?
St. Francis High School offers 15 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo and Weightlifting. St. Francis High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in California for most sports offered.
What is St. Francis High School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Francis High School?
The application deadline for St. Francis High School is Jan. 21.
Endorse St. Francis High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards