St. Francis High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (818) 790-0325
- St. Francis High School, a Catholic college preparatory school, develops faithful men, loving brothers, virtuous leaders and dedicated learners in the Capuchin Franciscan tradition of love, discipline, and prayer.
- Since its founding by the Capuchin Franciscan friars in 1946, St. Francis has remained committed to enriching the mind and heart, strengthening respect through service and humility, creating a brotherhood, and envisioning men of virtue and peace.
- It offers a challenging academic curriculum, a competitive athletic program, and a wide variety of opportunities for extracurricular involvement.
- St. Francis is fully accredited by WASC and the WCEA.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||600 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Computer Science A, English Literature, European History, Human Geography, Language and Composition, Latin, Microeconomics, Physics, Spanish Language, Statistics, United States Government, United States History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Docker pants/shorts and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 25|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Joe K. Monarrez|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, Alvernian (Yearbook), Armenian Club, Art Club, Black Student Union, Brotherhood of Christian Athletes, California Scholarship Federation, Chess Club, Drumline, Filipino-American Club, Fishing Club, Frisbee Club, Habitat for Humanity, Knight Life Student Newspaper, KNIT (Television News Station), Latin Honor Society, LINK, Living in Faith Experience, Los Oradores, Men’s Chorus, Mock Trial Club, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Ping Pong Club, Robotic Club, Rogues Gallery, SALT, Spanish Honor Society, Sports Medicine Club, Sports Medicine Honor Society, St. Francis Robotics Team, Student Council/ASB|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Mountain Bike Team
- Founded in 1946, St. Francis High School is a private, Catholic, college preparatory school for boys. The school is owned by its Board of Directors and operated in sponsorship with the Capuchin Franciscan Friars of the Western American Province of Our Lady of Angels. Our educational objectives incorporate both thebasic philosophy of Catholic education and the philosophy of the Capuchin Franciscan Order, in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
- Enriching the Mind and Heart - We seek to develop in our students the qualities of mind and heart necessary for mature living in the spiritual and temporal world. In addition to preparing students for the rigors of university life, our curriculum and community life cultivate intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth, responsible citizenship, social awareness, and aesthetic appreciation.
- Strengthening Respect Through Service and Humility - Inspired by the humility and love of Jesus Christ, Francis cherished and promoted a deep appreciation of being "lesser." True followers of Christ are always to be distinguished by their humility and service, especially to the poor and marginalized. We too cherish and foster these essential qualities by encouraging students, faculty, and staff to develop the deep, mutual respect that precludes divisiveness and elitism. We seek to expand our affinity for our own community to embrace a richer, more meaningful affinity with the love of Christ for all humankind.
- Creating a Brotherhood - The hallmark of the Franciscan tradition is love - particularly, God's love as reflected in all creation. Thus, the Franciscan charism includes promoting harmony, unity, and love in every human institution, the most fundamental of which is the family. The St. Francis "family spirit" embraces notonly individual students' families, but also faculty, staff, administration, and alumni, as well as the Christian community at large. Our school family develops its sense of interconnectedness by participation in the activities of Church life - daily prayer, special liturgical celebration, the sacraments, retreats, and our four-year religion curriculum.
- Envisioning Men of Virtue and Peace - St. Francis High School works to realize the Church's vision of God's kingdom on Earth by participating in the teaching mission of the Roman Catholic Church through the lens of the Franciscan virtues. St. Francis students are also encouraged to become good stewards to all of God's creation and to appreciate their education not only as ameans to college and career, but also as training for a life of service. As instruments of peace, they will build God's kingdom through example.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anaheim Grades: 9-12 | 967 students
1952 West La Palma Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
(714) 774-7575 27.5 9-12
Even though we are faced with a pandemic and my son hasn't had the opportunity to be on campus, his teachers have been very helpful, caring and motivating. From his mentor to his counselor to Ftr Tony, you can feel the brotherhood.
- Posted by Parent - Mike
We love the atmosphere at St. Francis. The faculty really love the boys and provides them a great environment to learn and prosper as young men. We have 2 boys currently at St. Francis and they love the school, faculty, and students. We believe they have been properly prepared for college and life after college.
- Posted by Parent - mnofa
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?