Cathedral High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The mission of Cathedral High School is to provide a human, religious, and academic education to young men, especially those from economically poor families in the Los Angeles area, within a Christian, Catholic community directed by the Spirit of Jesus Christ and the educational vision of Saint John Baptist de la Salle.
- This education provides the opportunity for students upon graduation from school to be people of living faith in their respective religious traditions.
- Cathedral High School is committed to establishing a Catholic community where there is love, respect, and acceptance of each person; where antagonisms, difficulties, differences of opinion are discussed and solved in a non-hostile and nonthreatening environment; where persons are willing to spend time and energy with each other; where there is freedom, yet a sense of responsibility in the recognition that all members are dependent on others; where the students can recognize their unique relationships to God and God's creation as revealed through Christ, and are able to respond to this relationship; where not only the students, but all members of the Cathedral community recognize and accept their own uniqueness and sacredness and at the same time the uniqueness and sacredness of others; where opportunities for formal worship and community service exist and the principles of Catholicism are imparted.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||734 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 515 students
960 South Soto Street
Los Angeles, CA 90023
(323)261-7124 2.7 9-12
- Pasadena Grades: 9-12 | 674 students
169 South Saint John Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)817-4000 6.7 9-12
This school has amazing statistics. The year before last, 100% of their graduates we`re going on to a 4 year college/university. That right, 100%! What other high school can claim that. I don`t know if it happened again last year but I think it was way up there as well. I do know that many were going into the UC system and a few on to the Ivy League. If you have a smart and studious son, this place can provide the requirements necessary for him to go on to a great school. Plus, they have one of the best tuition around compared to other private schools in the area. Truly the best value. Also, safety is key in this day and age and this school is really on top of what can be done for the safety of their students.
- Posted by Parent - John
Good academic program and teachers.
- Posted by Parent - svill
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.