Loyola High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Loyola High School of Los Angeles is a Catholic preparatory school for young men who represent the racial, ethnic, and socio-economic diversity of greater Los Angeles.
- Drawing upon Jesuit tradition, Loyola High School is committed to the development of the whole person through a challenging educational experience of academic, co-curricular and religious opportunities.
- By teaching as Jesus taught, Loyola is dedicated to inspiring its students to develop as conscientious leaders and agents of change who are intellectually distinguished, morally courageous and compassionate in the service of others.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1247 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|Average SAT score||1320|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Heath Utley|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 1026 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 515 students
960 South Soto Street
Los Angeles, CA 90023
- EncinoGrades: 9-12 | 500 students
5031 Alonzo Ave
Encino, CA 91316
- La VerneGrades: 9-12 | 944 students
2280 Damien Avenue
La Verne, CA 91750
- Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Greatest school on the planet. Ranked the 19 th best school in the country by the Washington Post and its sports program was ranked the number one overall best sports program. There are 20+ ap classes and each teacher has an advanced degree in their field. It is a great place to get ready for college. 7 seniors were sent to Stanford alone last year and many others went to Ivy League schools. It is the best around.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Matt.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.