- Loyola High School of Los Angeles is a Catholic preparatory school for young men who represent the racial, ethnic, and socio-economic diversity of greater Los Angeles.
- Drawing upon Jesuit tradition, Loyola High School is committed to the development of the whole person through a challenging educational experience of academic, co-curricular and religious opportunities.
- By teaching as Jesus taught, Loyola is dedicated to inspiring its students to develop as conscientious leaders and agents of change who are intellectually distinguished, morally courageous and compassionate in the service of others.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1247 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|Average SAT score||1320|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,800|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Heath Utley|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 515 students
960 South Soto Street
Los Angeles, CA 90023
EncinoGrades: 9-12 | 500 students
5031 Alonzo Ave
Encino, CA 91316
Santa AnaGrades: 9-12 | 2075 students
1202 W Edinger Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707
La VerneGrades: 9-12 | 944 students
2280 Damien Avenue
La Verne, CA 91750
Greatest school on the planet. Ranked the 19 th best school in the country by the Washington Post and its sports program was ranked the number one overall best sports program. There are 20+ ap classes and each teacher has an advanced degree in their field. It is a great place to get ready for college. 7 seniors were sent to Stanford alone last year and many others went to Ivy League schools. It is the best around.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Matt.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.