Loyola High School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (213) 381-5121
- Loyola High School of Los Angeles is a Catholic preparatory school for young men who represent the racial, ethnic, and socio-economic diversity of greater Los Angeles.
- Drawing upon Jesuit tradition, Loyola High School is committed to the development of the whole person through a challenging educational experience of academic, co-curricular and religious opportunities.
- By teaching as Jesus taught, Loyola is dedicated to inspiring its students to develop as conscientious leaders and agents of change who are intellectually distinguished, morally courageous and compassionate in the service of others.
Loyola High School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,242 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||89 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|Average SAT score||1320|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Heath Utley|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 515 students
960 South Soto Street
Los Angeles, CA 90023
(323) 261-7124 4.7 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310) 391-7127 7.6 7-12
Greatest school on the planet. Ranked the 19 th best school in the country by the Washington Post and its sports program was ranked the number one overall best sports program. There are 20+ ap classes and each teacher has an advanced degree in their field. It is a great place to get ready for college. 7 seniors were sent to Stanford alone last year and many others went to Ivy League schools. It is the best around.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Matt.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.