- The philosophy of Ojai Valley School is contained in the motto "Integer Vitae," meaning wholeness of life, symmetry of life, soundness of life, and, therefore, poise and strength of life.
- To accommodate this school philosophy, every effort is made to create an atmosphere for students and faculty that is conducive to learning and growing through the framework of a warm family environment.
- Guided by this stated philosophy, Ojai Valley School has, as its goals and objectives, the development of each student's character.
- Ojai Valley School students are presented with a wide variety of experiences through college and university preparatory studies, campus life, field trips, student activities, athletic programs, outdoor education and camping.
- These activities allow students to explore the extent of their interests and abilities, to know themselves, and to develop an attitude of appreciation and respect.
- Ojai Valley School students are exposed to a well balanced program, both academic and social, with consistent standards set for each discipline and activity.
- Towards the development of character, students are given responsibilities that relate to their personal lives and to the school community.
- With support and guidance from faculty, students begin to develop the knowledge and strength needed to make sound judgments.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,500|
|Admissions Director||Tracy Wilson|
|Admissions Associate||John Valenzuela|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OjaiGrades: PK-12 | 228 students
220 West Lomita Drive
Ojai, CA 93023
OjaiGrades: 9-12 | 259 students
12096 N Ventura Avenue
Ojai, CA 93023
OjaiGrades: 9-12 | 250 students
5025 Thacher Road
Ojai, CA 93023
CarpinteriaGrades: 9-12 | 280 students
1960 Cate Mesa Road
Carpinteria, CA 93013
ClaremontGrades: 9-12 | 408 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
Hello I am student at RJ frank I am very interested on going to villanova preparatory school. So I was wondering is there a way I can go to villanova preparatory school for free, I really hope there is a chance for me. I was an avid student too and this year I am in art. TThink you very much.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - maria
Ojai Valley School is an amazing place. The emphasis on personal character development combined with academics, outdoor education, and social responsibility in a global world are just a few reasons why I am grateful my children attend this school. We have been an OVS family for the past 7 years and I can honestly say, this is the best school for my children in every way...from the administration to the teachers to the maintenance and food staff, it is so apparent how much they care about the students and families that make up the "family" that is OVS.
- Posted by Parent - cynda
I owe a lot to Ojai Valley School, without this school I do not know here my son would be today. He entered as an unmotivated and unhappy 10th grader. He graduated ready to take on the world. He won awards in academic excellence and sports while attending OVS. Teacher, mentor and coach Fred Alavrez had a profound effect on my son, becoming like a surrogate father to him. He was more than a teacher, he gave him guidance and strength in all aspects of life. The entire faculty and staff truly care and support the students. I highly recommend Ojai Valley School.
- Posted by Parent - jaeda