Laurel Springs School
5.00 (1 review)
- Laurel Springs School is an accredited online private school for students in kindergarten through 12th grade that honors the talents, learning styles and interests of all our students.
- With more than 25 years of experience, we have the expertise to ensure your child receives an excellent private school education.
- Our students are fully supported by qualified, caring teachers and staff while staying connected to a global community of learners.
- Laurel Springs is the school of choice for the college prep student who wishes to grow and excel academically and personally while keeping a flexible and self-paced schedule.
- Over 94% of our graduates are accepted at the college of their choice.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics B, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP U.S. History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Animal and Pet Club, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Book Club, Creative Computing Club, Creative Writing Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Equestrian Club, Film Club, Foodie Club, French Club, LSS Math Team, Model United Nations, Music Club, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Photography Club, Science Club, Scrubs Club, Sign Language Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Technology Club, Travel Club, Yearbook Club
- The Laurel Springs difference is in the relationships students cultivate with teachers, counselors, admissions coordinators and peers. From attention to unique learning styles, individually-graded assignments, and college counseling services, to one-on-one relationships with teachers and real-time school events and clubs, Laurel Springs combines all the benefits of a traditional private school with the flexibility of self-paced distance learning. Laurel Springs teachers possess exceptional credentials, strong subject area expertise, and a passion for teaching. Additionally, our teachers are well-versed in 21st century communication skills and computer competency. At the core, all Laurel Springs teachers embody the understanding of teaching as a collaborative process, rather than just the delivery of instruction and assessment of student work.Laurel Springs is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and AdvancED and most of our courses are also NCAA Division I and II and University of California a-g approved.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 7-12 | 507 students
4543 Crown Ave
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(818)790-1178 63.2 7-12
- Santa Barbara Grades: K-12 | 137 students
2300 Garden Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(805)687-3717 26.6 K-12
The quality is extremely good and detailed. All 5 of my daughter's teachers are amazing. They give good feedback with additional ways to study a subject that is a challenge. They are quick to respond and make me feel part of a team. I was nervous as I would never be the traditional homeschool or online school parent. The team of teachers, student counselor, and staff all support you to help each of my children. They have so many opportunities from virtual field trips to in-person field trips. They do NJHS we hope to attend in person and meet these amazing teams helping our family. It is fully accredited so if your child likes sports they will be able to play in college. My daughters are doing ballet, but we will be moving to tennis this year. I am highly recommending the school to any parent. We are going to do the gifted and talented program for all three once they reach the grade requirement. I like the chance to let my children advance at their own pace and move forward and ahead if they are ready. The AP classes they will take once they are able is a huge plus.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of three
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.