Laurel Springs School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (800) 377-5890
Laurel Springs School is a pioneer in online education that provides a fully accredited, private school experience for students in kindergarten through grade 12 and continues with a postgraduate program for students around the globe.
Academically driven students in grades 6-12 can apply for admission to The Academy at Laurel Springs.
Laurel Springs offers asynchronous, mastery-based courses taught by experienced instructors, allowing students to progress at their own pace while achieving their desired level of proficiency in subject matter.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||5,367 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||225 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP English Language and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP Human Geography, AP Literature and Composition, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Animal and Pet Club, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Book Club, Creative Computing Club, Creative Writing Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Equestrian Club, Film Club, Foodie Club, French Club, LSS Math Team, Model United Nations, Music Club, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Photography Club, Science Club, Scrubs Club, Sign Language Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Technology Club, Travel Club, Yearbook Club
- Laurel Springs School is a pioneer in online education that provides a fully accredited, private school experience for students in kindergarten through grade 12 and continues with a postgraduate program for students around the globe. Academically driven students in grades 6-12 can apply for admission to The Academy at Laurel Springs, a selective college-preparatory program with advanced and accelerated instruction.
- Laurel Springs offers asynchronous, mastery-based courses taught by experienced instructors, allowing students to progress at their own pace while achieving their desired level of proficiency in subject matter. Additionally, rolling admissions gives students the opportunity to enroll at any time during the calendar year. Laurel Springs provides 233 college-prep courses, 47 Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses, 65 World Language courses, and 11 college-credit courses, and students have been accepted to many of the best colleges and universities around the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 7-12 | 507 students
4543 Crown Ave
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(818) 790-1178 63.2 7-12
- Santa Barbara Grades: K-12 | 137 students
2300 Garden Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(805) 687-3717 26.6 K-12
The quality is extremely good and detailed. All 5 of my daughter's teachers are amazing. They give good feedback with additional ways to study a subject that is a challenge. They are quick to respond and make me feel part of a team. I was nervous as I would never be the traditional homeschool or online school parent. The team of teachers, student counselor, and staff all support you to help each of my children. They have so many opportunities from virtual field trips to in-person field trips. They do NJHS we hope to attend in person and meet these amazing teams helping our family. It is fully accredited so if your child likes sports they will be able to play in college. My daughters are doing ballet, but we will be moving to tennis this year. I am highly recommending the school to any parent. We are going to do the gifted and talented program for all three once they reach the grade requirement. I like the chance to let my children advance at their own pace and move forward and ahead if they are ready. The AP classes they will take once they are able is a huge plus.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of three
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.