Global Village School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Global Village School offers a progressive, accredited, customizable K-12 homeschooling program via online and text-based curriculum, complete with individualized teacher services.
- Our Whole Child, Healthy Planet K8 curriculum guides and our high school homeschool diploma courses integrate peace, justice, and diversity studies with the core subjects.
- We are an international distance learning school; we welcome homeschooling students from around the globe.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Level|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||K-8: http://www.globalvillageschool.org/k8-tuition.htmlHigh school: http://www.globalvillageschool.org/high-school-tuition.html|
- What sets us apart from other online schools Our creative flexible approach, our emphasis on peace, justice, diversity and sustainability. We recognize students as individuals with unique needs, interests, andlearning styles. We adapt our homeschool curriculum to our students, rather than forcing students to adapt to the curriculum. We empower our students to pursue their future goals in a way that enables them to prepare for college while building on their strengths and talents and staying true to who they are. We nurture and protect the passion and enthusiasm for creating a better world inherent in so many young people. We help our students lead authentic and meaningful lives, so they can leave school feeling confident in their ability to make an impact on the world around them.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 265.1 6-12
- Carpinteria Grades: 9-12 | 297 students
1960 Cate Mesa Road
Carpinteria, CA 93013
(805)684-4127 13.9 9-12
After much research and many recommendations, I enrolled my son in Global Village School as a first grader. This year, our ninth, he becomes a high school student! The process is simple from beginning to end and is aided by helpful staff all the way. Enrollment is much simpler in comparison to all my years experienced in public schools with my other children. The curriculum makes homeschooling easy even for first-timers like myself. I love the diversity of subject material and the many mind expanding lessons that my son enjoys. I have been amazed at how much I have learned as his homeschool teacher! The teachers answer all our questions quickly and the support we have received has created a smooth and comfortable experience for us both. While some of the information is the same I studied when I was a student, the lessons are so much more interesting that remembering the facts isn't difficult like it was in my experience. I highly recommend Global Village School. It has been a huge blessing in our lives and I know it can be the same for you.
- Posted by Parent - Mega Day
I can't say enough about GVS to let the world know how future-altering it would be to experience the curriculum with others. It doesn't just benefit the child - it benefits the adult going through the process with them. I don't like to say "teacher and student" now, because this was such a co-learning, collaborative experience. It was in alignment with the values we have as a family and it addressed nuances of my children's personal path to a value system. If your child finishes out high school with the Peace and Diversity courses under their belt, they are prepared to go out and make the world a better place! Both of my children elected to go to university after their GVS studies and this school has made them enter with an awareness of the world around them and their part in that microcosm that the average college student struggles to understand. Parents be informed: this is not an internet-learning experience only. This is a hands-on, fully participatory journey through learning for everyone involved!
- Posted by Parent - kayaz
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.