St. Thomas The Apostle Elementary School
- St. Thomas the Apostle School is an accredited K-8 Catholic School serving the Pico-Union Community in Los Angeles since 1908.
- Today, more than 100 years of service to the community that has changed dramatically during the school`s tenure, St. Thomas the Apostle School continues to fulfill its mission of creating a blessed community in the heart of Los Angeles, one child at a time..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1992|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||29 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
- It is love that makes St. Thomas School a special place. Love of God, Love of People and a Love of Learning. While carrying the charisma of love, hope and fidelity, our school community strives to continue to emulate and embody the spirit of the founding Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together, teachers, students and parents work as a faith community to touch the hearts and minds of our students by nurturing an atmosphere that will allow them to realize their talents and discover their dreams. Academic excellence has always been a priority at St. Thomas. With a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence award to our name, we have a commitment to this tradition of academic excellence and providing our students with the tools necessary to thrive and compete in secondary school and beyond. Our philosophy`s holistic vision calls us to be a family, with meaningful responsibilities for parents, students and teachers alike. We have an undeniable sense of belonging to something special; we all feel it. It`s neither the money nor the resources, it`s neither the building nor the neighborhood, it`s the love and the people that give St. Thomas its incomparable spirit. If you are interested in joining the St. Thomas family, we invite you to contact our office for more information.
- People that viewed St. Thomas The Apostle Elementary School also viewed these schools: Lycee International de Los Angeles (LILA) - PASADENA CAMPUS, Oakwood School, Pressman Academy, Ribet Academy and Lac+usc Employees Childrens Center.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PasadenaGrades: NS-5 | 147 students
30 N. Marion Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106
- North HollywoodGrades: K-12 | 762 students
11230 Moorpark Street/11600 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91602
- Los AngelesGrades: NS-8 | 473 students
1055 S La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
- Los AngelesGrades: NS-12 | 387 students
2911 N San Fernando Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90065
- Los AngelesGrades: PK-K | 29 students
1401 N Mission Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.