St. Thomas The Apostle Elementary School
- St. Thomas the Apostle School is an accredited K-8 Catholic School serving the Pico-Union Community in Los Angeles since 1908.
- Today, more than 100 years of service to the community that has changed dramatically during the school`s tenure, St. Thomas the Apostle School continues to fulfill its mission of creating a blessed community in the heart of Los Angeles, one child at a time..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1992|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||29 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- It is love that makes St. Thomas School a special place. Love of God, Love of People and a Love of Learning. While carrying the charisma of love, hope and fidelity, our school community strives to continue to emulate and embody the spirit of the founding Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together, teachers, students and parents work as a faith community to touch the hearts and minds of our students by nurturing an atmosphere that will allow them to realize their talents and discover their dreams. Academic excellence has always been a priority at St. Thomas. With a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence award to our name, we have a commitment to this tradition of academic excellence and providing our students with the tools necessary to thrive and compete in secondary school and beyond. Our philosophy`s holistic vision calls us to be a family, with meaningful responsibilities for parents, students and teachers alike. We have an undeniable sense of belonging to something special; we all feel it. It`s neither the money nor the resources, it`s neither the building nor the neighborhood, it`s the love and the people that give St. Thomas its incomparable spirit. If you are interested in joining the St. Thomas family, we invite you to contact our office for more information.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed St. Thomas The Apostle Elementary School also viewed these schools: International School of Los Angeles - LOS FELIZ CAMPUS, Lac+usc Employees Childrens Center, Pressman Academy, Ribet Academy and Oakwood School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-5 | 348 students
4155 Russell Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(626)695-5159 4.2 PK-5
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 29 students
1401 N Mission Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323)221-8791 5.3 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-8 | 449 students
1055 S La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(310)652-2002 4.5 NS-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.