Ramona Convent Secondary School
- Ramona is a Catholic college-prep high school for girls in grades 9-12. At Ramona, prepare for life! We are... a welcoming community where high standards and expectations ensure an extraordinary education for every young woman.
- a faculty of talented and experienced teachers who love teaching and who are experts in guiding young women to learn deeply through inquiry.
- a beautiful, well-equipped college-like campus, an inspiring setting for learning.
- a place where young women learn to lead. the only Southern California member of an international network of schools sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. a member of the College Board and the National Coalition of Girls' Schools.
- a Harvard Graduate School of Education "Making Caring Common" school.
- accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- a strong sisterhood with continuing friendships for more than 7,000 alumnae.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language & Culture, English Language and Composition, English Literature, European History, French Language & Culture, Music Theory, Psychology, Spanish Language & Culture, Spanish Literature & Culture, Statistics, Studio Art, United States History|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 24 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Veronica Puente-Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Veronica Fernandez|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||31 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, ASB Officers, Barkada Club, Book Buddies Literacy Outreach, Book Club, California Junior Scholarship Federation, California Scholarship Federation, Chinese Club, Class Officers, Club 4-H, Cook-Eat-Love Club, Drama Club, Faith Life, French Club, Girls Athletic Association, Harvard Model Congress, Hispanic Society, International Thespian Society, Key Club, Korean Culture Club, National Honor Society, Peace & Justice Club, President's Council, Ramona Ambassadors, Ramona Roses, Robotics, Sakura Society, Science Olympiad, Student Council, Synchronized Swimming, Tiger Dance Team|
- When you graduate from Ramona, you face the future with an extraordinary education in your pocket; a global vision fueled by Catholic, SNJM values; an independent spirit and confident leadership skills. By your side are your Ramona sisters and a legacy of more than 100 years of excellence is at your back.
- Ramona Convent, a welcoming and inclusive Catholic college-preparatory high school sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, graduates young women characterized by academic excellence and spiritual depth, open to the wisdom of other cultures and prepared to lead and serve in an evolving, interdependent world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 709 students
3880 E Sierra Madre Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
- DowneyGrades: 9-12 | 288 students
7851 Gardendale St
Downey, CA 90242
- Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
2851 Overland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Sierra MadreGrades: 9-12 | 177 students
200 N Michillinda Avenue
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
- Los AngelesGrades: 6-12 | 359 students
11725 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.