San Gabriel Mission High School
Tel: (626) 282-3181
- San Gabriel Mission Elementry School is an all girl four-year college preparatory high school that is fully accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Mission offers a college prep program to young woman of diverse ethnic backgrounds who meet its academic and behavioral requirements and who strive toward their potential.
- The school, celebrating more than 70 years, is located on historical grounds of the fourth Mission of California, founded in 1771 by the Franciscan Padres.
- San Gabriel Mission High School is served by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose and is part of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,318|
|Tuition Notes||As a parish Catholic high school, San Gabriel Mission High School understands that each family has unique financial needs and that choosing to send your daughter to a Catholic high school is an investment. It is our belief that no family should be turned away simply because they cannot afford the tuition. According the national average in California, the cost of tuition in Private Independent and Catholic High Schools ranges from $14,000 - $19,000 a year. At San Gabriel Mission High School we are a Parish school committed to our mission in providing affordable quality education to young women for under $10,000. We provide affordable monthly customized plans to best meet the needs of your family. We also accept CEF (Catholic Education Foundation tuition assistance awards.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anime Club, Culinary Club, DIY Club, Enrichment Program, International Club, Jam For Life
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
GAA (Girls Athletic Association)
- We are a college-preparatory Catholic high school located on the historic grounds of the San Gabriel Mission. Our faith-driven community provides a safe environment for young women to grow as spiritual, intellectual, creative, and athletic leaders. Our financially accessible opportunities serve a diverse and inclusive student body of local, commuter, and international students in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 286 students
2900 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90006
(323) 737-0012 11.9 9-12
- Burbank Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
511 S Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 846-8141 13.1 9-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?