San Gabriel Mission Elementary School
- Now in our 100th year of service, San Gabriel Mission Elementary, adjacent to the historical San Gabriel Mission, is one of California`s longest operating Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade parish schools.
- We are committed to academic excellence through a standards-based curriculum, which is enriched by the Dominican and Claretian charisms of sharing the Word and Truth of Jesus Christ.
- We are dedicated to developing each child`s full potential through our Schoolwide Learning Expectations.
- As a faith-based community, students, parents, teachers, staff, administration, and clergy witness the Gospel message through worship, community service and daily life experiences.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||219 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,450|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sister Sharon Dempsey|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.