Christ The King School
5.00 (1 review)
- Christ the King School a Catholic Elementary School for boys and girls from Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- The school was established in 1959, under the direction of Mother Adrian and four sisters of the Sacred Heart of Mary.
- The enrollment at that time was 116 students and has grown today to approximately 230, under the leadership of Dr. Mary Kurban, who has been principal since 1991.
- The faculty and staff at Christ the King School are committed to excellence in education and provide a strong, integrated, academic curriculum.
- They strive to create an atmosphere which is enlivened by the gospel message of love.
- They help students develop self discipline as well as respect for self and others.
- They seek to educate the whole child by fostering the spiritual, intellectual, moral, social, physical and aesthetical growth of each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-3 | 175 students
565 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)463-5118 0.2 NS-3
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 110 students
653 N Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)469-8994 0.2 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-1 | 47 students
1129 Cole Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323)466-9984 0.7 PK-1
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 24 students
6550 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323)469-6155 0.9 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: 1-12 | 120 students
6556 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90028 0.9 1-12
This is a wonderful school, the community is really welcoming and the teachers and staff are all very friendly and helpful which made our transition a dream. Our 6 year old daughter has learned so much more in the last 3 months than she did in a whole year at her old school. We made the right choice.
- Posted by Parent - gwenw
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.