Christ The King School
5.00 (1 review)
- Christ the King School a Catholic Elementary School for boys and girls from Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- The school was established in 1959, under the direction of Mother Adrian and four sisters of the Sacred Heart of Mary.
- The enrollment at that time was 116 students and has grown today to approximately 230, under the leadership of Dr. Mary Kurban, who has been principal since 1991.
- The faculty and staff at Christ the King School are committed to excellence in education and provide a strong, integrated, academic curriculum.
- They strive to create an atmosphere which is enlivened by the gospel message of love.
- They help students develop self discipline as well as respect for self and others.
- They seek to educate the whole child by fostering the spiritual, intellectual, moral, social, physical and aesthetical growth of each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-3 | 175 students
565 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)463-5118 0.2 NS-3
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 110 students
653 N Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)469-8994 0.2 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-1 | 47 students
1129 Cole Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323)466-9984 0.7 PK-1
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 24 students
6550 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323)469-6155 0.9 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: 1-12 | 120 students
6556 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90028 0.9 1-12
This is a wonderful school, the community is really welcoming and the teachers and staff are all very friendly and helpful which made our transition a dream. Our 6 year old daughter has learned so much more in the last 3 months than she did in a whole year at her old school. We made the right choice.
- Posted by Parent - gwenw
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.