Precious Blood School
- We, the faculty of Precious Blood School, base our educational philosophy on the threefold purpose of Catholic education.
- Proclamation of Jesus' message, community evidenced in love for one another, and living and active service to the entire human community modeled on the life of Jesus Christ and his relationship to his Father ("To teach as Jesus did.").
- Realizing the threefold purpose of Catholic education, which strives to integrate religion with living and learning, we endeavor to create an environment that fosters the total development of the child, spiritually, intellectually, socially, morally, physically, psychologically, and aesthetically.
- Recognizing the family as the heart of this Catholic education, Precious Blood School values the role and contribution that parents make as the primary educators of their, and acts as co-educators with parents.
- With the commitment to Catholic values, we strive to create an environment in which students can grow and deepen their personal relationship with God and discover their role in the Catholic community.
- As educators, we strive to create an atmosphere conducive to learning while recognizing individual differences and fostering a love for knowledge, leading each child to his or her full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: PK-3 | 108 students
242 N Burlington Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Los AngelesGrades: NS-6 | 368 students
625 S. St. Andrews Place
Los Angeles, CA 90005
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.