Our Lady Of Lourdes School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Our Lady of Lourdes School welcomed its first pupils on September 13, 1949.
- The sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (BVM) founded the school for the children to begin what has become a 70+year tradition in the beautiful foothills of Tujunga, CA. Our Lady of Lourdes is a Catholic parish school ministering in the Spirit of Christ to children in Preschool through Eighth grade to learn, to live, and to love as faith-filled, educated, service-oriented individuals. Dedicated to graduating "People of Character".
- OLL also operates the Rose Cottage Preschool which students matriulate to the elementary school TK/K classes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniforms navy and white)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,665|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition stated includes ALL fees. Family discounts available. Financial Aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pam Fernicola|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Sports, Chess Club, Jr. High Academic Decathlon, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Children's Choir, Dance, Jr. High Media Arts, Jr. High Performing Arts
- Our Lady of Lourdes School graduates 100% of our eighth grade students. All graduates who test are accepted into a Catholic High School. Technology such as interactive APPLE tv's and HD PROJECTORS are integrated into the classrooms for hands-on learning.
- The school is equipped with three Internet accessible technology labs.
- All faculty and staff members model the Josephson Institute Character Pillars setting the example for all students to build character.
- The school wide learning expectations are that upon graduation from O.L.L., the child will be a responsible citizen, a self-aware individual, an effective communicator, a life-long learner, and a faith-filled Catholic.
- OLL is a Google Classroom school.
- The school, mindful of its mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students regardless of race, color, national origin, and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, medical condition, sex, or national and/or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies and practices, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs, although certain athletic leagues and other programs may limit participation and some archdiocesan schoolsoperate as single-sex schools.While the school does not discriminate against students with special needs, a full range of services may not always be available to them. Decisions concerning the admission and continued enrollment of a student in the school are based upon the student`s emotional, academic, and physical abilities and the resources available to the school in meeting the student`s needs.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sunland Grades: K-7 | 22 students
8100 Mcgroarty St
Sunland, CA 91040
(818)353-5777 1.1 K-7
- Sunland Grades: K-7 | 76 students
10614 Oro Vista Ave
Sunland, CA 91040
(818)352-7980 1.4 K-7
- La Crescenta Grades: 1-8 | 519 students
4444 Lowell Ave
La Crescenta, CA 91214
(818)957-3398 1.9 1-8
- La Crescenta Grades: PK-K | 149 students
3950 Foothill Blvd
La Crescenta, CA 91214
(818)957-6364 1.9 PK-K
Our Lady of Lourdes School is a loving, character building, academically strong school that prepared my children well for high school and beyond. The principal knows all the students and talks candidly with them. The teachers integrate technology into their lesson plans and often create learning tools from the Internet in addition to the textbooks. My children are responsible adults now due largely from their Catholic education at OLL.
- Posted by Parent - cerce
My son attended the preschool at Our Lady of Lourdes, called Rose Cottage Preschool last year. From the moment I stepped in the door, you feel so welcome and at ease. My son loved the preschool and has flourished immensely there. It is wonderful to be a part of the Our Lady of Lourdes school and community. We love it and would highly recommended the preschool and school.
- Posted by Parent - sisan
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.