La Crescenta Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- La Crescenta Montessori is dedicated to Dr. Maria Montessori's innovative methods for intellectual development of young children.
- Scientific research has confirmed her observations that children have a spontaneous interest in learning, and self-discipline.
- By allowing students to progress in an atmosphere of freedom, they learn to pace their own development through a series of sensitive periods where they become acutely aware of language, order, their senses, and society.
- These periods encourage bursts of creativity, reading, writing, and passionate curiosity.
- The Montessori Directress and her Staff guide each child through a program structured to meet his/her academic and psychological needs.
- La Crescenta Montessori was founded in 1984 by Ms. Irena Root, and she ran the school very successfully with the help of trained Montessori teachers.
- She applied the Montessori system up to the elementary school level.
- In 1989, Gail Amarasinghe, with a long history of teaching experience, took over the ownership and has continued to run the school successfully.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
We have had our 2 year old and 3 1/2 year old here for 18 months. We LOVE the school and staff. The quality of academics and the teaching style is top quality. We have seen HUGE improvements in both kids since they have started. At the same time the staff is very hands on and nurturing.
- Posted by Parent - nikki
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.