Rolling Hills Country Day School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (310) 377-4848
- Rolling Hills Country Day School is a premiere Kindergarten through Grade 8 school in the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
- Our elementary school (Kindergarten to Grade 5) and Middle School (Grade 6 through 8) offer small class-sizes and specialized educators in multiple subjects.
- We are an independent, WASC accredited private school serving families in Palos Verdes, Torrance, San Pedro, Lomita, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Manhattan Beach.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||416 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten tuition is $18,630 Lower School tuition is $20,790 Middle School tuition is $21,870|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Volleyball, Water PoloBasketball, Soccer,|
- The early years of education are critical as they are a time in which children cultivate habits and interests that will last the rest of their lives. This is why our academic program includes not only aspects essential to foundational development, but to the development of a lifetime of success. As a Kindergarten through Grade 8 institution, our role in educating our students is unique. We do not know what careers students will pursue or what industries will be most important when they finish college and enter the job market. We do know, however, that students will need to be critical thinkers to contribute to the unforeseen challenges of the future. From that perspective, we focus on teaching our students real-life skills like problem-solving, presentation skills, and technological acumen. We focus on instilling self-confidence, a sense of responsibility, and purpose. We give students opportunities to succeed and opportunities to fail. We provide an environment where they feel encouraged and safe in their explorations and where students can build a personal foundation that will guide and support them in high school, college, and beyond.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Grades: K-12 | 855 students
26800 Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
(310) 377-1543 0.3 K-12
- Rancho Palos Verdes Grades: K-8 | 200 students
5446 Crest Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310) 377-2800 1.7 K-8
- Redondo Beach Grades: NS-8
525 Earle Lane
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310) 798-5181 5.4 NS-8
My children have just excelled at this school. We were at a local public school and I was sick of the LARGE class sizes! My kids weren't being challenged and the amount of discipline issues that the teachers had to deal with daily was AWFUL! Country Day School stays current and hasn't cut back, in the last 3 years alone we have seen SMART boards in every classroom, a new PE field/turf, iPads in all the elementary classrooms, and a brand new lower school science lab.
- Posted by Parent - risin
Country Day School is moving forward at the speed of light - it's impossible to keep up with the many advances and additions to its program! Next year will bring many exciting additions: the building of a solar car, a 3D printer (or a few!) that every child will have access to, and an optional summer trip to China to compliment our Mandarin program.
- Posted by Administrator - cwood
Great place! My kids love it!!! I would highly recommend it!
- Posted by Parent - oreck
RHCDS has a solid curriculum in a nurturing environment. They offer a well-balanced day including a superior physical education and arts program in a time where these activities essential to child development and creativity are often overlooked in exchange for pure academics. Small class sizes ensure your child is not left behind. The parent community is very warm and welcoming to all.
- Posted by Parent - kuyec
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.