Rolling Hills Country Day School is a premiere Kindergarten through Grade 8 school in the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
Our elementary school (Kindergarten to Grade 5) and Middle School (Grade 6 through 8) offer small class-sizes and specialized educators in multiple subjects.
We are an independent, WASC accredited private school serving families in Palos Verdes, Torrance, San Pedro, Lomita, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Manhattan Beach.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 412 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Kindergarten tuition is $18,630 Lower School tuition is $20,790 Middle School tuition is $21,870
- The early years of education are critical as they are a time in which children cultivate habits and interests that will last the rest of their lives.This iswhy our academic program includes not only aspects essential to foundational development, but to the development of a lifetime of success. As a Kindergarten through Grade 8 institution, our role in educating our students is unique. We do not know what careers students will pursue or what industries will be most important when they finish college and enter the job market. We do know, however, that students will need to be critical thinkers to contribute to the unforeseen challenges of the future. From that perspective, we focus on teaching our students real-life skills like problem-solving, presentation skills, and technological acumen. We focus on instilling self-confidence, a sense of responsibility, and purpose. We give students opportunities to succeed and opportunities to fail. We provide an environment where they feel encouraged and safe in their explorations and where students can build a personal foundation that will guide and support them in high school, college, and beyond.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Rolling Hills Country Day School offer?
Rolling Hills Country Day School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Volleyball and Water Polo.
What is Rolling Hills Country Day School's ranking?
Rolling Hills Country Day School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Rolling Hills Country Day School?
The application deadline for Rolling Hills Country Day School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
My children have just excelled at this school. We were at a local public school and I was sick of the LARGE class sizes! My kids weren't being challenged and the amount of discipline issues that the teachers had to deal with daily was AWFUL! Country Day School stays current and hasn't cut back, in the last 3 years alone we have seen SMART boards in every classroom, a new PE field/turf, iPads in all the elementary classrooms, and a brand new lower school science lab.
Country Day School is moving forward at the speed of light - it's impossible to keep up with the many advances and additions to its program! Next year will bring many exciting additions: the building of a solar car, a 3D printer (or a few!) that every child will have access to, and an optional summer trip to China to compliment our Mandarin program.
Great place! My kids love it!!! I would highly recommend it!
RHCDS has a solid curriculum in a nurturing environment. They offer a well-balanced day including a superior physical education and arts program in a time where these activities essential to child development and creativity are often overlooked in exchange for pure academics. Small class sizes ensure your child is not left behind. The parent community is very warm and welcoming to all.
Endorse Rolling Hills Country Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.