Peninsula Montessori School
- Since 1978, Peninsula Montessori School has been providing an excellent social, educational and emotional foundation for South Bay children.
- We believe that the education and development of young children is the most rewarding and important commitment we can make to the South Bay community.
- Our goal is to provide a nurturing, stimulating and individualized environment, promoting appreciation and respect for self and others, independence, and enthusiasm for learning.
- Our philosophy of education is the development of the human being to its fullest potential.
- All members of our highly qualified and trained staff are dedicated to the Montessori approach to education and life.
- Individualized programs are designed in accordance with each child's social and emotional needs, as well as his or her academic and physical development.
- We wish to collaborate with you, the parents, in a supportive role, in order to facilitate a unified approach to your child's growth and development.
- It is only through a cooperative effort between the school and the home that your child is assured the highest quality of education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||218 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rancho Palos Verdes Grades: K-8 | 211 students
5446 Crest Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310)377-2800 2.3 K-8
- Hermosa Beach Grades: PK-8 | 267 students
340 Massey St
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
(310)372-7486 7.6 PK-8
- Manhattan Beach Grades: PK-8 | 665 students
1701 Laurel Avenue
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)545-8559 9.8 PK-8
- Manhattan Beach Grades: NS-1 | 41 students
1340 11th St
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)379-7413 9.5 NS-1
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.