St John Fisher School
Tel: (310) 377-2800
- In partnership with parents, St. John Fisher Parish Elementary School is dedicated to teaching the Catholic faith, promoting academic excellence, and producing caring, contributing, cooperating community builders.
- Our daily emphasis will be:"Go in peace to love and serve the Lord and one another." St. John Fisher School works in partnership with parents to provide a quality Catholic education for its students.
- We promote academic excellence in our standards based curriculum and assessment, and provide an atmosphere which is conducive to learning, and in which each child feels valued.
- We believe that each child is a unique creation of God, and are committed to developing each child's gifts by offering support, inspiration, and a variety of curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- We empower students to strengthen their personal relationship with Christ by modeling the Catholic faith, and integrating Catholic values and traditions throughout the school.
- We help our students to recognize and adopt strong moral values, and take an active role in their personal development.
- We prepare our students to be caring, contributing, community builders, prepared to participate both in the spiritual and liturgical life of the parish, and in the communities in which they live.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, Math Counts, School Newspaper, Student Council|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Grades: K-12 | 855 students
26800 Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
(310) 377-1543 1.4 K-12
- Rancho Palos Verdes Grades: PK-8 | 262 students
28850 S Western Ave
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310) 831-0848 3.4 PK-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.