Grades: PK-12 | 80 students
- Ambleside Schools International seeks to build and to serve a worldwide community of schools and training centers that provide what Charlotte Mason called a "living education," guiding and empowering students, parents and teachers to author lives which are full and free, rich in relationship to God, self, others, ideas, and all of creation.
- A commitment to fostering a community that embraces all of life in faith, love and obedience, according to the principles of Jesus Christ, as revealed in Scripture, taught in the Nicene Creed, and lived in accord with the Ambleside Code of Conduct.
- A commitment to building an educational community that consistently applies the principles of Charlotte Mason by means of the Ambleside Method of education.
- Ambleside School of Fredericksburg has been a venue, not only for the education of children, but also for the training of parents and teachers who seek a greater understanding and mastery of the Charlotte Mason method.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AngeloGrades: PK-12 | 227 students
1502 N Jefferson St
San Angelo, TX 76901
San AngeloGrades: K-9 | 248 students
3516 Ymca Dr
San Angelo, TX 76904
San AngeloGrades: PK-12 | 94 students
518 Country Club Road
San Angelo, TX 76904
I have two children attending Ambleside School of San Angelo. I never imagined sending my kids to a private school. However, after attending kinder in a public school it became my mission to find a better alternative for my oldest son. At Ambleside, my kids are coming to love to learning while receiving a rich and rigorous curriculum. A big focus in early grades is the development of lifelong healthy habits that support learning and success later in life. The atmosphere supports real growth rather than fostering stress, while the teachers and school center on Christ. Among private schools, Ambleside is priced below many competitors while providing superior teacher-student ratios. Parent participation is expected, but fundraisers are only held twice a year - not every few weeks like at other schools. School administration also does a good job communicating with parents on a weekly basis; in addition to the typical parent teacher interactions. Charlotte Mason was the unlikely pioneer of a social and intellectual movement. Mason spent her life bringing common thought on the subject of education to the level of scientific research. Her theories were tested in thousands of English schools in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Teachers and children using her approach consistently flourished in knowledge and character, and continue to do so even today!!!
- Posted by Parent - agshi
Ambleside School of San Angelo is based on the philosophy of Charlotte Mason, and is a Christian private school dedicated to building withing a child positive relationships with all subjects, resulting in a love for learning and school that surpasses all expectations. Please call us for a school tour. I would love to tell you more about us.
- Posted by Administrator - c.slo
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.