Grades: PK-8 | 578 students
- Ancillae-Assumpta Academy is a private, co-educational, Catholic elementary school conducted by the Handmaids of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- Our educational philosophy, given the acronym, R.I.C.E., promotes an integral understanding and practice of shared responsibility, human interdependence, dynamic creativity, and people empowerment.
- In an atmosphere which emphasizes gospel values, our students learn in theory and experience, to appreciate the importance of a global viewpoint and to see the inter relatedness of peoples, which prepares them for the challenges and demands of the future.
- To meet these demanding challenges, we dedicate all our resources: a liberating theology, quality teachers, structural know-how, a constantly evolving curriculum, critical teaching and thinking skills.
- In a spirit of hope, we share responsibility, work interdependently, think creatively, and promote the empowerment of people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||578 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rita Cullison|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JenkintownGrades: NS-12 | 568 students
575 Washington Ln
Jenkintown, PA 19046
PhiladelphiaGrades: NS-8 | 282 students
6000 Wayne Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 947 students
3000 W School House Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19144
PhiladelphiaGrades: K-12 | 104 students
1196 East Washington Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19138
Huntingdon ValleyGrades: K-9 | 461 students
214 Welsh Rd
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.