Grades: 9-12 | 668 students
- Bishop McDevitt High School, as a member institution of the Philadelphia Archdiocesan Secondary School System, strives to provide a virtue-centered Catholic education.
- The excellence it promotes, the traditions it cherishes, and the diversity it encourages combine to create an environment for spiritual, intellectual, and social growth.
- This effort validates pride in our past, commitment to our present and confidence in our future.
- The school's educational community aspires to cultivate and nurture the mission of the living Gospel in all students.
- Programs noted for academic excellence, with an emphasis on critical thinking and lifelong learning, are enhanced through extensive co-curricular and extra-curricular offerings.
- Individual opportunities for leadership and service prepare students to assume their roles in society as involved Christians and responsible citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||668 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SpringfieldGrades: 9-12 | 1386 students
1701 S Sproul Rd
Springfield, PA 19064
PhiladelphiaGrades: 9-12 | 833 students
1736 S 10th St
Philadelphia, PA 19148
PhiladelphiaGrades: 9-12 | 1615 students
11201 Academy Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19154
WayneGrades: 9-12 | 888 students
211 Matsonford Road
Wayne, PA 19087
GlensideGrades: 9-12 | 1068 students
8605 Cheltenham Avenue
Glenside, PA 19038
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.