Grades: 6-12 | 20 students
- The Art of Learning is not an ordinary private school.
- It grew out of a unique partnership between an educational therapist, an artist, dedicated teachers, students who want to learn, and parents who dared to believe that learning differences could be surmounted in an atmosphere of care and individualized attention to their children.
- The Art of Learning Academy accepts students who do not do well in traditional school environments, large environments, and large classrooms.
- We meet in the cozy home environment of an ample house in Northridge that has a lovely garden and pool.
- We also have a 1200 square-foot, on-site, fully equipped art studio, where students who love art can learn to work with innumerable materials and tools.
- Ours is a small school of warmth and intimacy in which the learning experience takes place either one-on-one or in small groups with less than ten students per teacher and a paraprofessional aide.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia Language-based or Mild Learning Differences):|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NorthridgeGrades: 4-12 | 83 students
9650 Zelzah Ave
Northridge, CA 91325
BurbankGrades: 4-12 | 98 students
755 N. Whitnall Hwy
Burbank, CA 91505
Valley GlenGrades: 3-12 | 159 students
6455 Coldwater Canyon Ave
Valley Glen, CA 91606
North HollywoodGrades: 4-12 | 44 students
10526 Dubnoff Way
North Hollywood, CA 91606
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.