Grades: K-8 | 309 students
- MISSION OF ASSUMPTION SCHOOL We educate our students in a nurturing environment, rooted in Gospel values and Catholic traditions, where each child is recognized, respected, and cherished as a child of God. In partnership with parents, we guide our students to grow in love, understanding, and practice of their Catholic faith, to actualize their individual academic potential, and to be responsible citizens who are Christ-like in their service to others.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||34 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Formal uniform dress code on special days.)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,960|
|Tuition Notes||Tiered tuition based on number of students per family and on Supporting Parishioner status at Parish Church.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$905|
|Admissions Director||Nelly Velez|
|Admissions Associate||Arlene GiaVerdi|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Competitions, Altar Servers, Boy and Girl Scouts, Certificate of Merit Program, Chess Club, Choir, Computer Lab, Library, Piano and Drama lessons, Student Council Altar Servers, Chess Club, Choir, Computer Lab, Library, Academic Competitions,
Boy and Girl Scouts,
Certificate of Merit Program,
Piano and Drama lessons,
- PHILOSOPHY We believe that:
- - Catholic schools exist to integrate faith, life, and culture.
- - Parents are the first, most important educators, and that their beliefs, values and actions are the primary and strongest influence on childrenâ€™s lives.
- - The function of elementary education is to build a strong foundation of basic skills, work habits, and character development in preparation for higher education and for life.
- - Students learn best in an atmosphere of loving acceptance of their unique God- given qualities.
- - Students must work hard to do their best, and must strive to develop their full potential as Christian members of their community.
- - A Catholic education leads students to be academic achievers, good citizens, Christ-centered, and true stewards of Godâ€™s creation.
- Therefore, we educate our students to be:
- SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
- Faithful Disciples who:
- - Pray, participate in Sunday Mass, and receive the sacraments.
- - Know the Gospel message, and the beliefs and traditions of their faith.
- - Serve others, work for social justice, and participate in the faith community. Responsible Citizens who:
- - Respect themselves, others, and Godâ€™s creation.
- - Love their country, exercise their rights, and fulfill their responsibilities.
- - Are globally aware, sensitive to diversity, and seek justice for all. Motivated Learners who:
- - Are self-disciplined and self-reliant.
- - Are confident in their ability to set realistic goals.
People that viewed Assumption Of The Bvm Elementary School also viewed these schools: Bishop Amat High School, Walden School, Immaculate Conception Annunciation Catholic School, St. Luke The Evangelist Catholic School and San Gabriel Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
La PuenteGrades: 9-12 | 1404 students
14301 Fairgrove Ave
La Puente, CA 91746
PasadenaGrades: PK-6 | 214 students
74 S San Gabriel Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
MonroviaGrades: KG-8 | 169 students
2701 Peck Rd
Monrovia, CA 91016
Temple CityGrades: K-8 | 182 students
5521 Cloverly Avenue
Temple City, CA 91780
San GabrielGrades: K-8 | 540 students
117 North Pine Street
San Gabriel, CA 91775
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.