|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh-Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Polo Shirt and slacks/skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs vary.|
|Admissions Director||Marilynn Peeke|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Gymnastics, Intramural sports, Select Choir, Student Association Band, Gymnastics, Select Choir, Intramural sports,
- Atholton Adventist Academy is part of the globally recognized Seventh-day Adventist school system. Biblical Christian values of the Seventh-day Adventist Church form its foundation.
- Our families choose Atholton because of its spiritual climate; its family-centered, welcoming culture; and its professionally trained teachers. First and foremost we believe that having a strong relationship with God is essential to achieving the high standards of behavior and academics that our students exemplify.
- Our school is accredited by Middle States Association, Adventist Accrediting Association, and the National Council of Private Schools. All of our teachers are credentialed and the majority have advanced degrees. They commit to personal and professional growth in order to provide the best teaching possible in their respective teaching fields. Our classroom settings provide small teacher-to-student ratios that promote academic achievement and lasting friendships.
- Our faculty adheres to the belief that every child can learn. Student assessments and outcomes support this belief. Our students score well above the national average on standardized testing. Teachers use differentiated instruction and positive behavior management strategies to encourage student achievement.
- Our students grow and develop in a learning environment that fosters mutual respect and acceptance and incorporates curriculum that is meaningful and compelling. Students are challenged, regardless of their ability level or background, to think critically, to problem solve, to work cooperatively, to master essential skills, and to serve others.
- Our campus is a vibrant hub of networking and collaboration with a global emphasis. Our international student body acquires technological skills and talents in order to achieve in an ever-changing, expanding world environment. Atholton students prepare to meet the challenges of their chosen path – spiritually, academically, and professionally.
- Our commitment and determination to excel makes Atholton Adventist Academy a symbol of spiritual and academic excellence in the Baltimore-Washington area.
Profile last updated: 08/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Ellicott CityGrades: PK-8 | 54 students
3291 Saint Johns Ln
Ellicott City, MD 21042
SavageGrades: NS-8 | 301 students
Po Box 406
Savage, MD 20763
ClarksvilleGrades: PK-8 | 471 students
12500 Clarksville Pike
Clarksville, MD 21029
Ellicott CityGrades: PK-8 | 213 students
4801 Ilchester Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Ellicott CityGrades: NS-12 | 752 students
12793 Folly Quarter Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042
My kids have been at Atholton for two years and they will be back. I appreciate the academically rigorous, Christ centered, and diverse environment that Atholton provides. Finding this school was truly a blessing.
- Posted by Parent, 05/09/13
My kids attended Atholton last year and will be returning. The school offers a top notch academic program while maintaining an environment of love and nurture. The diversity is a huge plus as well.
- Posted by Parent, 08/20/12