Grades: PK-8 | 27 students
- Augusta First Seventh-day Adventist School strives to prepare students and families for eternal life with Christ.
- Established in 1934 by the Augusta First Seventh-day Adventist Church, the school teaches a curriculum which includes balanced focus on spiritual, academic, and physical growth. Certified teachers skillfully weave artistic and practical disciplines into everyday academics.
- Students learn to follow their curiosity, to think creatively, and to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
- At Augusta First Seventh-Day Adventist School we celebrate diversity and strive to instill integrity, compassion and confidence in each child.
- We give each child support and encouragement to become his or her own unique self while growing in their journey with Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Kahaki/Navy blue pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Gymnastics, VolleyballGymnastics, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Program, Pathfinders Pathfinders, Arts and Music Program,
- Adventist education prepares students for a useful and joy-filled life, fostering friendship with God, whole-person development, Bible-based values, and selfless service in accordance with the Seventh-day Adventist mission to the world. We believe that each child is a unique individual who needs a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature, spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially. It is our desire as a educators to help students meet their fullest potential in these areas by providing an environment that is safe, supports risk-taking, and invites a sharing of ideas. There are four elements that we believe are conducive to establishing such an environment, (1) Teaching Bible base-values, (2) teachers acting as a guide, (3) allowing the child's natural curiosity to direct his/her learning, and (4) promoting respect for all things and all people.Our Curriculum includes : Bible, Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Handwriting (Cursive), Typing, Music, Drama, Field Trips, Community Service, Recreational times, After School Programs, and Physical Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AugustaGrades: PK-12 | 469 students
1326 Broad St
Augusta, GA 30901
AugustaGrades: K-8 | 138 students
333 Greene St
Augusta, GA 30901
AugustaGrades: PK-8 | 123 students
811 Telfair Street
Augusta, GA 30901
AugustaGrades: K-12 | 34 students
2230 Broad St
Augusta, GA 30904
AugustaGrades: KG-12 | 165 students
2819 Peach Orchard Rd
Augusta, GA 30906
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.