Grades: 1-8 | 181 students
- Benchmark School's mission is to help bright students who have yet to reach their potential become confident and strategic thinkers, learners, and problem-solvers who meet with success in school and in life.
- Benchmark believes each student is a unique individual whose potential has not been realized.
- We believe that every child is entitled to a learning environment where there is respect for uniqueness and instruction is designed to build on students' strengths, help address their weaknesses, and develop their potential.
- Thus, the development of self-efficacy, confidence, social skills and motivation for learning are emphasized along with a focus on academic skills.
- The result of all these considerations is that instruction at Benchmark is provided in an environment that is structured and supportive while being intellectually stimulating.
- Benchmark School in Media, PA is not connected in any way to other schools that may use the name "Benchmark School.".
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia, language based, learning differences,ADHD, ADD, dysgraphia, dyscalculia,etc.|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khaki pants or skirt and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,800|
|Tuition Notes||$32800 grades 1- 5 $33800 grades 6-8|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,261|
|Admissions Director||Linda Lattif|
|Endowment Size||9 million|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, SoccerBasketball, Golf,
- Benchmark believes each student is a unique individual whose potential has not been realized. We believe that every child is entitled to a learning environment where there is respect for uniqueness and instruction is designed to build on students' strengths, help address their weaknesses, and develop their potential. Thus, the development of self-efficacy, confidence, social skills and motivation for learning are emphasized along with a focus on academic skills. The result of all these considerations is that instruction at Benchmark is provided in an environment that is structured and supportive while being intellectually stimulating. Our graduates are prepared to find success in high school, college and beyond, with virtually all of our graduates going on to higher education, attending many of our nation's top colleges and universities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HavertownGrades: 1-8 | 30 students
2000 Old West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA 19083
MediaGrades: NS-12 | 305 students
111 Elwyn Road
Media, PA 19063
MalvernGrades: PK-12 | 270 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Bryn MawrGrades: 5-12 | 72 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
AbingtonGrades: 1-8 | 90 students
2450 Hamilton Avenue
Abington, PA 19001
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.