Grades: PK-12 | 56 students
- Calvary Christian Academy (CCA) is a college preparatory school that offers instruction for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Classroom teaching at Calvary integrates California State Content Standards in accelerated units of cross-curricular, project-based study which encourage depth and complexity of thought.
- Mathematics, writer's workshops, literature, social studies and science are all integral to the student's academic experience.
- The school also offers art, theatre, music and Spanish to its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Contact school|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Tracy Herrera|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
- Calvary Christian Academy seeks to develop students who possess qualities that will enable them to live as productive members of society. Committed Christians Who: ' Understand the meaning of Salvation and have been given the opportunity to follow Jesus Christ as their Savior. ' Employ the Bible as the life guidebook ' Make strong ethical choices based upon the Bible. ' Genuinely love humankind, with an appreciation for the diversity of cultures and a tolerance of individual differences ' Demonstrate skills in resolving conflict through positive, biblical methods. Effective Communicators Who: ' Convey significant messages ' Receive, interpret and use the messages of others ' Listen objectively to other points of view and seek conflict resolution. Critical Thinkers Who: ' Identify, locate and organize information or data ' Analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information through independent and/or cooperative efforts in order to reach resolution. ' Apply problem-solving strategies to real-life scenarios. Quality Producers Who: ' Complete tasks in a responsible, timely fashion ' Display growing knowledge of curriculum. ' Develop God-given talents and abilities ' Set, pursue, and accomplish realistic, challenging goals, and demonstrate standards of excellence. Community Participants Who: ' Have a heart of service towards the people of this nation and the world, contributing of their time and talents. ' Act in an ethical and responsible manner. ' Display a greater appreciation for the historical background and diverse origins of people and events.
Profile last updated: 09/03/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlamedaGrades: 9-12 | 423 students
1011 Chestnut Street
Alameda, CA 94501
RichmondGrades: K-8 | 110 students
2354 Andrade Ave
Richmond, CA 94804
ConcordGrades: 9-12 | 800 students
1133 Winton Dr
Concord, CA 94518
OaklandGrades: 9-12 | 278 students
4660 Harbord Drive
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 117 students
2430 Coolidge Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.