- The Cheerful Helpers Child and Family Study Center offers early intervention services and therapeutic preschool and kindergarten services to families with young children, ages 2-6, who are having difficulties with language development, motor-planning, self-regulation and socialization, in family oriented intervention programs.
- These relationship-based programs are for children with high-functioning autism, Asperger's, attachment disorders, developmental delays, and processing, learning and emotional difficulties. The children attend school five days per week, in small language-rich classes, with a 1:2 staff: student ratio and a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of special education teachers and therapists.
- All parents participate in family therapy, as well as a weekly parent group.
- School-based occupational and speech therapy are also provided as needed.
- Cheerful Helpers is both a private and a fully certified Non-Public School (NPS).
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ellen K. Reinstein, LCSW|
- Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School is a program for highly motivated families interested in working collaboratively with a large multidisciplinary team.
Profile last updated: 02/08/2016
People that viewed Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School also viewed these schools: Beacon Day School.
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.